A former special prosecutor is settling a lawsuit that accused him of trying the McHenry County state’s attorney on phony charges.
People have come up with some pretty clever ways to try to cheat on drug tests, but authorities say a northwest suburban parolee was not very original.
The Grafton Township Board of Trustees in McHenry County has voted to put its budget about a $250,000 in the red, by setting aside more money for lawyers in an ongoing power struggle with the township supervisor.
A northwest suburban man is facing a felony charge for trying to smuggle a bottle of urine into a testing facility to cheat on a drug screening, according to police.
Woodstock police say their investigation is still active, but it was a tip from the suspect’s wife that led them to open it.
The fire in the Black Tie Stable in unincorporated McHenry County that left 18 show horses dead has been ruled an accident.
McHenry County officials said at least 16 horses died in a fire at the Black Tie Stable near Johnsburg on Wednesday, and two horses were still missing as of Thursday afternoon.
A large barn fire destroyed a horse barn Wednesday evening in McHenry County, killing several horses.
A suburban vineyard’s request for a liquor license is more than ripe enough for a vote, according to one McHenry County board member.
A McHenry County man is growing closer to collecting more than $100,000 found in his garden.
The police chief in Huntley says “it’s frustrating” that a woman ended up being murdered after allowing her boyfriend to return, even though he had beaten her in the past.
Thursday marks one of the most significant days in Illinois sports history — when Hebron High School in McHenry County – with 98 students in total – won the Illinois State Basketball championship 60 years ago.
Police in McHenry County are looking for someone who took advantage of two teens, who were themselves taking advantage of their parents by having a party when they were home alone recently.
After a tragic accident, McHenry County fire officials are warning about the dangers of going out on the ice in this abnormally mild winter.
A nationwide hunt is on for horse thieves, who stole four prize show horses from a McHenry County stable.
Residents of the far northwest suburbs were not dreaming last night – a minor earthquake shook the Illinois-Wisconsin state line.
The trial is underway for a man accused in the apparent murder of a McHenry County teenager whose body was never found.
Two human skulls were found Tuesday in town of Bull Valley, near Crystal Lake, and authorities are trying to determine their source.
The body never was found, but prosecutors are going forward today with a murder trial in McHenry County.
Conservationists are working to preserve and shelter a 400-year-old white oak, found in an untouched area just south of Harvard, Ill., near the Wisconsin state line.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!