Hundreds of nursing home staff members and others rallied outside the Thompson Center on Monday, trying to fend off new cuts for medical services.
What does ObamaCare mean for you? The more you understand, the better you’ll fare.
About 300 spirited demonstrators lined up at a makeshift soup kitchen and shanty town set up in Federal Plaza on Thursday, to protest the possibility of cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid as Congress looks to avoid the so-called “fiscal cliff.”
A Chicago psychiatrist is accused in a federal lawsuit of taking illegal kickbacks from drug companies and submitting at least 140,000 false Medicare and Medicaid claims for antipsychotic medications he prescribed to thousands of mentally ill patients in area nursing homes.
Indiana can’t cut off funding for Planned Parenthood just because the organization provides abortions, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
After Mitt Romney’s 47% don’t pay taxes remark, Conservative columnist Peggy Noonan dubbed the Romney campaign a “rolling calamity” for all its problems and continuing self-inflicted wounds. At this point, she might have to extend that label to Republican efforts to take the majority in the Senate as they flounder and flip flop.
Top Springfield Republicans are telling Gov. Pat Quinn that he has been too slow purging Medicaid rolls of cheaters.
If you like the GOP war on women, you are going to love Paul Ryan. After all, Ryan’s record on women’s health could easily be mistaken for one of W. Mitt Romney’s primary opponents, Rick Santorum.
Paul Ryan has changed the Electoral College math. With the pick, Romney has chosen a path that writes off almost all of the country and focuses the election on the industrial Midwest.
Good, hard-working Americans shouldn’t be forced to contemplate leaving their chosen profession as they are with federal laws such as Obamacare.
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed a bill to help the state’s struggling Medicaid program, but critics are convinced the budget solution will do more harm than good.
On Friday, June 8, House Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor and the Republican caucus perfectly summed up exactly how little regard they have for the American public. They talk about budget cuts. […]
Illinois lawmakers have approved a $1 per pack cigarette tax increase to help fill a gaping Medicaid budget hole, and the governor has indicated he’ll sign it quickly when it reaches his desk.
It’s unlikely to be the final budget, but the Senate Democratic budget proposal is moving through the legislature.
Lawmakers have less than two weeks before their scheduled adjournment, and the governor wants to make sure they’re on the right track.
Gov. Pat Quinn is enlisting the support of Chicago’s business community to sell his Medicaid and pension reform plans to state lawmakers before the Legislature adjourns at the end of this month.
A spirited rally organized by the state’s nursing home industry livened up the plaza outside the Thompson Center on Monday, as workers and administrators gathered to protest the governor’s planned Medicaid cuts.
Representatives of Illinois nursing homes say Governor Pat Quinn’s proposed cuts in Medicaid funding will devastate the industry and could leave seniors homeless.
Trying to save $2.7 billion on Medicaid costs, Gov. Pat Quinn said Thursday his job is to tell lawmakers not what they want to hear, but what they need to hear.
An Illinois state panel appointed to find ways to cut Medicaid costs has taken one step forward and two steps back.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!