Beginning Wednesday, the Cook County Medical Examiner will post information about unidentified bodies, including, in some cases, photographs.
An 83-year-old Chicago woman is the first cold-related death of the season in Cook County.
Dr. Stephen Cina says with about 5,000 bodies passing through the facility each year, the challenges are great. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
The former Cook County Medical Examiner is speaking out for the first time after being forced from office two months ago.
Due to staffing shortages, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office has announced that full autopsies will no longer be performed in certain cases in which drugs or alcohol might have led to a person’s death.
Milwaukee County, Wis., is taking a drastic step to identify dozens of those who died as John and Jane Doe’s.
A 78-year-old Dixmoor woman died in part from the extreme heat that settled over Chicago last week, bringing the number of temperature-related deaths to 12 for Cook County.
The exteme heat is suspected of being a factor in the deaths of at least seven Cook County residents in the last few days.
Information comes from Medical Examiner on Former Chicago Board of Education president Michael Scott, former Blagojevich fundraiser and advisor Christopher Kelly deaths.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!