Governor Quinn still isn’t saying whether he’ll sign the medical marijuana bill, reports WBBM’s Veronica Carter.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.
Leading Illinois law enforcement organizations stepped up their opposition Wednesday to legalizing marijuana for medicinal use, warning Gov. Pat Quinn in a letter about lax motorist safeguards on a day a committee moved the measure to the Senate floor.
The Illinois House Wednesday approved a measure to allow physicians to prescribe marijuana to patients with specific terminal illnesses or debilitating medical conditions.
Illinois lawmakers could vote on legislation to legalize medical marijuana this week, and a group of 250 doctors has urged them to support the measure.
The sponsor of legislation that would allow medical marijuana use in Illinois said Tuesday he’ll push for a vote on the measure when lawmakers return to Springfield early next month.
A reminder: Medical marijuana is illegal in Illinois. And that’s what police say landed two Chicago men in the DuPage County jail.
Will Illinois be the next state to allow medical marijuana prescriptions? CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
A Colorado medical marijuana grower arrested with a shipment of dozens of pounds in Chicago has been sentenced to six years in state prison.
Law enforcement leaders banded together, announcing their position at the International Association of Chiefs of Police conference at McCormick Place that medical marijuana bills are bad bills.
A proposed pilot program for medical marijuana in Illinois failed to generate enough votes of support in Springfield on Thursday.
Support is growing in Springfield for legalizing medical marijuana.
If you suffer from chronic pain or are a cancer, HIV or Hepatitis C patient, you may soon be able to get a 21/2-ounce dose of medical marijuana.
An Illinois House panel today voted to approve the use of medical marijuana for individuals who suffer from chronic pain and debilitating medical conditions. The measure now goes to the full House for a vote.
A push to legalize medicinal marijuana failed in the state House on Thursday.
After lengthy debate in Springfield, an effort to legalize the use of marijuana for medical purposes in Illinois has stalled in the General Assembly.
A vote is expected today on a bill that would allow for medical marijuana in Illinois.
The California and Colorado medical marijuana statutes are causing problems in their states and nationally.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!