What does ObamaCare mean for you? The more you understand, the better you’ll fare.
About 300 spirited demonstrators lined up at a makeshift soup kitchen and shanty town set up in Federal Plaza on Thursday, to protest the possibility of cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid as Congress looks to avoid the so-called “fiscal cliff.”
A Chicago psychiatrist is accused in a federal lawsuit of taking illegal kickbacks from drug companies and submitting at least 140,000 false Medicare and Medicaid claims for antipsychotic medications he prescribed to thousands of mentally ill patients in area nursing homes.
The debate results are much less lopsided than the first debate, but Obama’s failed promises of the past four years which were clearly expressed by Romney dictate that Obama couldn’t win the debate. Romney won again.
If you want to know what an empty, meaningless political photo opportunity is look at Congressman Paul Ryan’s drop by at a food bank last week in Youngstown, Ohio.
Romney so misrepresented his record in Denver that it will be hard for the former Massachusetts Governor to walk it back tonight because Romney will be lying about his record to a room full of voters.
Obamacare and Romneycare are so associated with President Barack Obama and former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney that each took time to field a question about their namesake plan and health care in the CBS Local Presidential Forum.
Mitt Romney’s apprentice salesman stepped on the stage last night and delivered his talking points, but little more. Throughout the night, Joe Biden delivered lesson after lesson to the ambitious young Congressman from Wisconsin.
Both candidates did what they had set out to do. Biden reached out to his base, and Ryan spoke to those who don’t like the direction the country is headed. Republicans are likely not happy that Ryan didn’t deliver the knock-out debate Mitt Romney did a week ago while Democrats are, as previously stated, ecstatic Biden didn’t have a bad night.
Vestiges of the economy also were found in the second question in the CBS Local Presidential Forum on their view of the role of the federal government.
Like Reagan’s cautious approach to the debates in 1984, Obama knows he is the president. Obama was the cautious champ, picking his moments and more concerned with overplaying his hand than winning every point in the first meeting.
Obama has been moving the needle with seniors using distorted arguments about Social Security and Medicare. Fortunately for GOP presidential challenger Mitt Romney, seniors’ top concern is the economy’s struggles under Obama and seniors have overwhelming voted Republican in the last two presidential elections.
After Mitt Romney’s 47% don’t pay taxes remark, Conservative columnist Peggy Noonan dubbed the Romney campaign a “rolling calamity” for all its problems and continuing self-inflicted wounds. At this point, she might have to extend that label to Republican efforts to take the majority in the Senate as they flounder and flip flop.
Mitt Romney, if you want to talk about mooches and freeloaders that take advantage of the system then grow a spine and show America your tax returns. Let’s see what you really pay as a percentage. Let’s see what deductions you take. Let’s see how addicted to federal benefits you are.
The recently released tape of Romney speaking to donors at a closed door fundraiser has exposed Mitt Romney to, in fact, be the person Democrats have portrayed him to be: a rich, out of touch, arrogant man that has no respect or connection to the American middle class and absolutely no interest in making the American middle class stronger.
Romney thought he was talking amongst his teammates in the locker room last May 17 only to find out that there was somebody on the other team hiding behind the lockers. Had he known a member of the other team was lurking back there, he would have chosen his words more carefully and had presented more carefully-chosen data than the data of which he swiftly generalized.
The idea that 47 percent of Americans don’t have “personal responsibility” or “care for their lives” is shockingly arrogant, even by Mitt Romney’s standards.
While Paul Ryan is entitled to his own opinions, he is not entitled to his own facts. He lied to America about Medicare. He lied to America about the debt commission. He really lied to America about the stimulus and America’s debt rating.
If you like the GOP war on women, you are going to love Paul Ryan. After all, Ryan’s record on women’s health could easily be mistaken for one of W. Mitt Romney’s primary opponents, Rick Santorum.
Paul Ryan has changed the Electoral College math. With the pick, Romney has chosen a path that writes off almost all of the country and focuses the election on the industrial Midwest.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!