Parents were attending a meeting at John Marsh Elementary School on Friday, after complaining that they weren’t officially notified about a teen’s arrest for bringing a gun to school until after they’d read about it on Facebook.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel visited the White House on Friday, for a chat in the Oval Office with his former boss, President Barack Obama.
African-American business pioneer Ed Gardner met with Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Tuesday, to discuss Gardner’s complaints about a lack of blacks on South Side public construction projects.
Will County officials say they plan to meet later this month with the Illinois transportation director to discuss the proposed Peotone airport project.
The public will get a chance to meet Monday evening with railroad executives and federal investigators, about the deadly 4th of July derailment and bridge collapse on the Glenview-Northbrook border.
Despite complaints from teachers that it would lead to student burnout and decreased teacher morale, the Chicago Board of Education has unanimously approved Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s plan to extend the school year by 10 days starting in the fall.
Parents ended their 22-hour sit-in at Brian Piccolo Elementary Specialty School on the West Side on Saturday after being promised that they would get a chance to plead their case in a series of meetings with Board of Education members Monday and Tuesday.
The cardinal requested the plan after he suspended Pfleger last spring over comments the priest made about not wanting to leave his South Side base.
Gov. Pat Quinn and top Illinois lawmakers talked about jobs at their latest high-level meeting Tuesday.
Demonstrators had a two-pronged agenda when they took their protests to Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s doorstep Wednesday afternoon.
NBA and players’ association representatives met for 15 hours Wednesday, and a published report says officials are hoping that a full season can be salvaged.
Sears and Chicago have gone hand-in-hand longer than anyone living today has been alive, and now, the State of Illinois is working hard to keep Sears from moving out of state.
Emotions ran high Monday night at a special meeting designed to talk about the Chicago Public Schools’ latest plan to consolidate or close several schools.
Mayor Richard M. Daley and Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel had breakfast together Monday morning, for a talk about the big transition coming in May.
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!