How do you celebrate Memorial Day, and what does this federal holiday mean to you and your family? Read what some of our country’s veterans had to say about Memorial Day, patriotism and what this annual holiday means to them.
Memorial Day parades and ceremonies in Chicago are a chance to thank veterans and active service members.
Visiting monuments this Memorial Day is a refreshing way of fostering a child’s education outside of the classroom, paying tribute to those who died in war and remembering America’s leaders.
The Memorial Day parade and politics made for an interesting mix in Park Ridge, CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley reports.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Veterans who returned their medals to NATO just over a week ago gathered at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial at on the Chicago River on Monday, to talk about their feelings on Memorial […]
One of America’s most recognizable bugle calls, one that will be heard again and again in towns big and small on this Memorial Day, reaches a major milestone this year. This is the 150th anniversary of Taps, the nation’s song of remembrance.
Chicago saw its second consecutive day of record heat on Monday, when the temperature reached 95 degrees at O’Hare International Airport early Monday afternoon.
A week ago, it was anti-war protesters. Yesterday, supporters of U.S. troops had their turn to take over the streets of downtown Chicago.
BBQ, fireworks, white pants and a new bottle of sunscreen. All signs Memorial Day weekend and summer have arrived. Here’s a list of 5 free things to do this weekend in celebration of Memorial Day. That’s right, free. You have no excuse to not come out of winter/NATO hibernation.
Ahead of Memorial Day, a World War II veteran from Rockford says what he saw 67 years ago never leaves him.
The summer travel season kicks off this holiday weekend.
Check out these fun Memorial Day events in your area…
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer. See what the holiday really means and why it falls on the last Monday in May.
As the weather warms up, it’s time to embrace cooking outdoors. Get your grill on with tips from our grilling guide.
A lot of residents and beachgoers still are not buying the city’s version of events about why the city closed the North Avenue Beach on Memorial Day.
Reporters wanted to know today whether it was really flash mob gang activity – not cases of heat exhaustion – that closed North Avenue Beach earlier this week.
Whether it was the heat or the holiday, at least six people are dead, and 19 more are wounded, in a violent stretch of time starting Monday afternoon.
It is a longstanding tradition on this day: a service and wreath-laying at the statue of Civil War General John Logan, the founder of Decoration Day, which became Memorial Day.
Six people were hospitalized for heat exhaustion Monday morning while attending Memorial Day parades in two neighboring suburbs.
Chicago police closed North Avenue Beach Monday afternoon after five people were treated for heat exhaustion.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!