Hundreds of immigration rights activists have begun marching along Chicago streets from the Near West Side to Federal Plaza downtown, as part of an annual May Day rally calling for easing immigration laws.
The tolling of a lone bell could be heard across the campus at NIU as students and family members of the five victims gathered to hear remarks from Gov. Pat Quinn and NIU President John Peters.
A couple of bicyclists killed in traffic accidents were remembered this morning where one of them died a couple of weeks ago on the Near North Side.
First responders in Palatine marked the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on Tuesday with a ceremony at the town’s firefighters’ memorial.
The highlight of Tiger Woods’ Sunday was his chip in for birdie on 16.
That other Rory — Rory Sabbatini — played his best golf in the worst weather Friday at the Memorial and made a surprising appearance atop the leaderboard. Right behind him was a Tiger Woods that looked all too familiar.
BBQ, fireworks, white pants and a new bottle of sunscreen. All signs Memorial Day weekend and summer have arrived. Here’s a list of 5 free things to do this weekend in celebration of Memorial Day. That’s right, free. You have no excuse to not come out of winter/NATO hibernation.
The Museum of Broadcast Communications will honor “Soul Train” creator Don Cornelius with a special tribute Wednesday night.
Family, friends, and a community said goodbye Sunday to a family ripped apart by senseless violence.
Police in Lincolnwood are investigating the theft of a memorial statue that was stolen from outside an elementary school.
Should cows that died on Illinois roadways be remembered with a roadside memorial? PETA says yes.
A memorial was held Thursday morning, one year to the day after two Chicago firefighters died when the roof of a South Shore neighborhood building collapsed in a fire.
Students at St. Patrick High School on the city’s Far Northwest Side are honoring a fallen U.S. Marine Monday morning, after he was killed in combat in Afghanistan.
More than 1,000 people were on hand Saturday as a memorial was unveiled near Chicago for the victims of the American Airlines Flight 191 crash, the deadliest airplane disaster not connected to terrorism in U.S. aviation history.
Memorials will be unveiled crafted from World Trade Center girders in several suburbs, including Des Plaines.
A Chicago woman killed in the Indiana State Fair stage collapse will be remembered and honored next weekend.
The crash of American Airlines Flight 191 in 1979 was the deadliest non-terror related airplane disaster in U.S. aviation history.
A Chicago Sun-Times reporter wrote of witnessing a second shooting Tuesday evening as he covered a memorial gathering for a 15-year-old boy who was shot dead in the West Humboldt Park neighborhood.
Friends, family and several dozen Chicago Police officers were among those on hand Saturday at the unveiling of a memorial to a fallen Chicago Police officer.
The names of nine Illinois police officers will be among 152 added to a memorial wall in Washington this week.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!