A 16-year-old Lindblom Math & Science Academy High School student died Monday from a non contagious form of bacterial meningitis, according to a release from Chicago Public Schools.
A Chicago resident is undergoing tests and treatment after being diagnosed with the second probable case of fungal meningitis associated with the use of a recalled epidural steroid drug.
Here in Chicago, another major medical center is now warning their patients that they may have been injected with tainted medications.
An ill Chicago resident is the first person in Illinois to be linked to the fungal meningitis outbreak.
There are no reported meningitis cases in Illinois, but as CBS 2’s Mai Martinez reports, hundreds of patients at three Chicago-area facilities are being warned.
Students at Evanston Township High School are under a warning, after one of their classmates was diagnosed with a serious bacterial infection.
The death of Washington Nationals prospect Yewri Guillen from bacterial meningitis prompted the team to take precautions to protect other players at its Dominican training academy.