Commuters should notice some improvement in air quality as they board Metra and Amtrak trains at Union Station.
A pedestrian was killed after being struck by a Metra train in Des Plaines on Tuesday.
Systemwide signal problems on the Union Pacific railroad on Tuesday morning led to a handful of Metra trains being delayed or stopped while the issue was fixed.
Schoolchildren throughout the Chicago area have until April 15 to get aboard for this year’s Metra Safety Poster contest.
Trains on Metra’s Rock Island Line were back on a normal schedule Monday afternoon, hours after an inbound train from Joliet it a pedestrian near New Lenox.
A woman who jumped to her death from an 11th-floor balcony near a Metra station Thursday night on the Near West Side halted trains for about 30 minutes, authorities said.
A series of pedestrians and vehicles have been hit in recent weeks by Metra trains, more often than not with deadly consequences. The state investigator who is assigned to most such accidents says most are perfectly avoidable.
An inbound Metra train struck and killed a pedestrian in Hinsdale on Monday afternoon.
A sergeant with the Metra police department was stabbed in the leg several times Saturday evening after he tried to break up a fight between at least two people at Union Station, officials said.
Sources say the agents were carrying hand-held nuclear-detection devices that picked up a reading. CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports.
A Metra train struck an 11-year-old boy Friday evening in northwest suburban Barrington.
Robert O’Leary, 50, was charged with nine counts of felony aggravated battery and one count of misdemeanor aggravated assault for the Dec. 21 incident at the Lake Forest Metra station.
The Metra board is being asked to approve $800,000 to draw up plans to replace the 95th Street/Chicago State University stop, and $560,000 to renovate the Racine Avenue station on the Electric District’s Blue Island branch.
Metra staff are getting unexpected pushback from some of the commuter rail agency’s board members over proposals to sell the naming rights to its stations and trains.
Starting this coming Monday, Metra will be giving away free tickets to try to get more people to try the commuter rail line.
Passengers on a Metra train headed to Chicago on Friday morning got downtown about 80 minutes late because the train’s doors would not close after a stop at the Naperville station.
For the start of Lent on Ash Wednesday, some ministers were catering to commuters, by placing ashes on their foreheads as they waited for their trains.
Thirteen minutes. That’s how long a door aboard a moving Metra train stayed open Tuesday evening before a conductor discovered the problem.
A freight train derailment Sunday is causing delays for Metra Union Pacific trains in west suburban Bellwood.
A Metra train struck and killed a north suburban man Saturday night in the Northwest Side Logan Square neighborhood.
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.189
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!