Ever wanted to know how and when Mother’s Day is celebrated around the world? We take a look at the annual traditions of five countries to find out.
Fr. Gary Graf, of St. Gall Catholic Church on the Southwest Side first spent a couple of days in Mexico before hopping a border fence.
The World Baseball Classic has decided no one will be suspended from the nasty brawl between Canada and Mexico.
Team USA has a lineup full of MVPs and All-Stars, and sent out the reigning NL Cy Young winner for its opening game of the World Baseball Classic.
According to news reports, the allure of building a Wal-Mart near ancient pyramids in Mexico, and thus gaining access to global tourists nearby, was so strong that Wal-Mart circumvented democratic institutions and bribed the right people to get their way.
Activists are in Chicago Tuesday to voice their opposition to the War on Drugs.
Attorney General Eric Holder continued to show contempt of Congress in his remarks following the House vote to hold him “in contempt” for refusing to hand over documents associated with the Fast and Furious operation.
After the Supreme Court decision on the Arizona immigration law, SB 1070, the Obama administration announced that it is revoking agreements with Arizona police over the enforcement of federal immigration laws.
The FBI added a new man to its 10 Most Wanted List: A fugitive from Chicago, wanted for rape and murder, more than a decade ago.
Burbank Police have asked the FBI for help in finding the 30-year-old groom accused of murdering his bride over the weekend, and leaving her body in a bathtub, still wearing the dress from her wedding party.
A 7.6-magnitude earthquake struck central southern Mexico Tuesday, sending Mexican-Americans here in Chicago scrambling for updates on friends and family.
The Mexican government says the war with drug cartels left 13,000 people dead through September of last year, meaning the war has killed almost 50,000 people in the last five years.
The badly burned body of a high school student from Rolling Meadows was found inside a charred vehicle in Mexico over the weekend, along with the bodies of two other murder victims.
Federal authorities have deported a man charged with killing a woman who refused to dance with him at a party in Mexico.
U.S. Customs officials in Chicago have discovered that a Mexican figurine that was set to be shipped to Canada was actually a 2,000-year-old pre-Columbian artifact.
The Illinois Department of Public Health is warning people to avoid buying papaya from Mexico right now because several illnesses have been linked to the fruit.
Ten Northwestern University medical students pack up everything from gloves to gowns to syringes, in anticipation of a month long trip to Oaxaca, Mexico.
Police are asking for the public’s help locating three Chicago residents who went missing and may be heading to Mexico.
A man accused of killing a former roommate was named in a federal criminal complaint for allegedly fleeing to Mexico to avoid murder charges.
NAPERVILLE, Ill. (STMW) – Naperville Mayor A. George Pradel was working on his Spanish on Friday morning, in his first official meeting over breakfast with Presidente Municipal Antonio Garcia Velazquez of Patzcuaro, Mexico. “We’ll become […]
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is very rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.471
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.183
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!