In many ways, LeBron, Wade & Co. strikes me as Chicago’s new version of the Detroit Pistons’ “Bad Boys,” the hated mountain that the Michael Jordan-era Bulls once had to climb. And while losing to the Heat again is disappointing indeed, just like with the Pistons, this series loss will only make victory all the sweeter when the Bulls finally do beat them.
Carlos Boozer finished with 26 points and 14 rebounds for the Bulls, who were without Derrick Rose for the 99th straight game. Nate Robinson and Jimmy Butler missed potential tying 3-pointers on the final possession of the season for Chicago, which dropped the last four games of the series.
It may seem like months ago, but it was just last week when the world was reintroduced to Filomena ‘Phyllis’ Tobias.
Jimmy Butler has been a huge part of this Chicago basketball season even existing in the second round of the playoffs, which, while not exactly a medal of honor, is still better than many expected with all the obstacles that had to be dealt with—no superstar, injuries and illnesses, Scalabrine withdrawal, etc.
As I sit and type this out it feels like I’m back in the fall dissecting numbers to quantify Jay Cutler putting up a clunker of a performance in an important game. Except it’s not fall and the game isn’t being played outdoors.
It’s time to stop the pain and the suffering. It’s time to put the bull down.
The Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls are getting ready for Friday’s pivotal game 3.
The Miami-looking lady, passionately giving Joakim Noah the one-finger salute at last night’s Bulls-Heat game, has been identified.
If you have any recollection of the Miami Heat against the New York Knicks in a violent best-of-five, then last night’s Bulls game looked awfully familiar.
For any Bulls fan, Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals was just plain ugly.
It was the biggest postseason win in Miami Heat history, and the biggest postseason loss in Chicago Bulls history.
For the depleted Bulls, this is nothing new.
And while fans debate whether Derrick Rose should actually be playing, CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports that this Bulls team may go down in history has a fan favorite.
The writer who did not choose LeBron James of the Miami Heat as the NBA’s Most Valuable Player believes Carmelo Anthony “meant more to his team” this season.
What we got here with the Bulls is failure to communicate.
Joakim Noah had 24 points and 14 rebounds, Marco Belinelli also scored 24 points and the Chicago Bulls beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-93 on Saturday night in Game 7 of their first-round series.
The Miami Heat’s latest spurt might have run the Milwaukee Bucks right out of the playoffs.
LeBron James scored 24 points, Dwyane Wade added 22 and the Miami Heat set a franchise record for home wins in a season, topping the Chicago Bulls 105-93 on Sunday.
While Miami Heat star Chris Bosh was out celebrating his birthday at a Morocco-themed party complete with live camels, police said Thursday that thieves made off with about $340,000 in jewelry from the player’s nearby home.
Forget respectable, on a unseasonably cool evening in Chicago the Bulls cooled the Heat off and snapped the second longest winning streak the NBA has ever seen, in an environment that hasn’t been seen lately during home Bulls games.
“The atmosphere – the crowd was crazy into it and it was a competitive environment” Luol Deng said of Wednesday night’s setting at United Center.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.150
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!