With drive and ambition, and help from the 100 Club of Chicago, the daughter of slain Chicago police officer Michael Flisk is attending DePaul University. On Thursday, she said thank you to the advocacy organization, CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Four more names have been added to the police memorial at the Chicago headquarters of the Fraternal Order of Police–the names of officers who died in the line of duty in the past 12 months.
The Fraternal Order of Police today held a memorial to honor four Chicago Police officers who have died in the line of duty within the last year.
A couple thousand police officers and their families turned out at the Gold Star Families Memorial and Park – just east of Soldier Field – in the annual St. Jude march.
A teenager accused of killing a Chicago Police evidence technician and a former Chicago Housing Authority cop last November pleaded not guilty to murder charges Thursday.
Stephen Peters was remembered as a quiet hero. Mourners gathered to celebrate his life, and share their loss.
Family and friends will gather tonight to remember a former Chicago Housing Authority police officer who was gunned down outside his home, along with a Chicago officer.
Margaret Flisk, daughter of murdered Chicago Police Officer Michael Flisk, spoke at her father’s funeral on Wednesday. The tribute she gave to her father was nothing short of incredible. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
A funeral was held Wednesday morning for a Chicago Police officer who was killed in the line of duty as he processed a burglary scene last week.
Prosecutors say the man charged with killing Chicago Police Officer Michael Flisk and retired CHA cop Stephen Peters tried to kill another man just a few months before last week’s crime – but was never charged.
The Chicago teenager accused of murdering a Chicago police officer and a former Chicago Housing Authority police officer is being described as a neighborhood terrorist. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
A judge denied bond for a 19-year-old parolee charged in the fatal shooting of an on-duty Chicago police officer and a retired CHA cop.
A 19-year-old “person of interest” who lived near the murder scene is accused of the crime.
Police continue their questioning of a person of interest, in the murder of a Chicago Police officer and a former Chicago Housing Authority officer on the Southeast Side.
There may be a break in the case of murdered police officer Michael Flisk, 46, and former CHA cop Stephen Peters, 44. Chicago police confirm they have someone in custody.
Chicago Police are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever shot and killed a police evidence technician and a retired Chicago Housing Authority cop on Friday.
A Chicago Police officer was shot and wounded today in the South Chicago neighborhood. A retired police officer was also shot.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 10 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 10 hours ago