The Blackhawks made a strong statement Sunday in becoming the first team this season to clinch postseason berth, as they used a third-period rally to beat the Nashville Predators 5-3.
Just one day after assigning him to Rockford, the Blackhawks have recalled Brandon Bollig for Friday night’s game in Colorado.
Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa and Andrew Shaw are all battling injuries.
Steve Montador has been activated for the first time this season, but will not play tonight against the Colorado Avalanche.
With a playoff-like media contingent looking on at the Blackhawks’ morning skate Tuesday morning, center Dave Bolland returned to the ice and vowed he’ll play tonight against the Minnesota Wild.
Matt Cullen scored 90 seconds into the game and again in a shootout to lift the Minnesota Wild to a 3-2 victory over Chicago on Wednesday, handing the Blackhawks their first loss in seven games this season.
Marian Hossa had two goals and an assist, Corey Crawford made 19 saves, and the Chicago Blackhawks crashed the Kings’ Stanley Cup championship celebration with a 5-2 victory over Los Angeles on Saturday.
Mikkel Boedker scored 13:15 into overtime, and the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Tuesday night to take a 2-1 lead in their wild and physical opening-round Western Conference playoff series.
Corey Crawford made 31 saves to lead the Chicago Blackhawks to a 2-1 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night in a matchup of Central Division rivals missing their top centers.
Jonathan Quick made 38 saves to earn his NHL-leading fifth shutout, and Trent Hunter and Jarret Stoll scored to lead the Los Angeles Kings past the Chicago Blackhawks 2-0 on Wednesday night.
Patrick Kane’s goal in the second round of a shootout clinched the Chicago Blackhawks’ fifth straight victory on the road, 4-3 over the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday night in a matchup of the top two teams in the Western Conference.
Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters Thursday that Dave Bolland will not play tonight in Columbus.
The Chicago Blackhawks have agreed to a three-year contract with the team’s restricted free agent Michael Frolik and a one-year contract with unrestricted free agent Sami Lepisto, the team announced on Friday.
The Chicago Blackhawks came back from being down 3-0 in the series. They also came back from a 1-0 deficit in Game 7.
The wild Western Conference quarterfinal series between Chicago and Vancouver has storylines aplenty, the most significant one deals with the Canucks’ goaltending.
The Chicago Blackhawks made history during their 4-3 overtime victory over the Vancouver Canucks. Michael Frolik scored the franchise’s first penalty shot goal in the playoffs and team set up a Game 7 matchup.
Three periods of hockey wasn’t enough time for the Chicago Blackhawks and Vancouver Canucks to settle Game 6.
The Vancouver Canucks scored two goals in the first 11 minutes of the game and that proved to be all they needed as they took game one from the Chicago Blackhawks.
Before the NHL’s trade deadline the Chicago Blackhawks acquired forward Michael Frolik and defenseman Chris Campoli. It didn’t take long to realize both players will have a significant impact on the team’s playoff push.
Former Blackhawks general manager Dale Tallon helped build the team that won the Stanley Cup last season. He had a big hand in drafting or signing the team’s core players that are still around, but that’s where it ends.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!