Many students don’t like missing class and want perfect attendance, but that’s not something you will find soon-to-depart University of Illinois President Michael Hogan going for.
The turmoil at the University of Illinois that led to the resignation of the school president lasted three months, but it also left behind a stack of bills.
A bill that has passed the Illinois House would bar state universities hiring executive headhunters.
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said Saturday that it was time for Michael Hogan to resign as president of the University of Illinois, but his resignation won’t cure the university’s problems.
University of Illinois president Michael Hogan has resigned and will step down on July 1, according to a published report.
Michael Hogan tells the Associated Press he underestimated how much time and effort it would take to communicate with faculty on three campuses.
President Michael Hogan and trustees met behind closed doors for nearly four hours after more than 100 faculty members said they have “no confident” in Hogan’s administration. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
An effort by some University of Illinois faculty members to oust President Michael Hogan continues.
University presidents have begun their annual trek to Springfield to ask lawmakers for money for the next fiscal year.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!