Hadiya Pendleton’s family had said they wanted to keep politics out of the 15-year-old murder victim’s funeral and despite the political undertones, considering some of the guests, they mostly did.
Father Michael Pfleger opens up about his experience being stalked by a Deerfield woman who is being held in jail. CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports.
Father Michael Pfleger took to Twitter, questioning why the shootings today in New York was an international story, while overnight violence in Chicago barely raised an eyebrow.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson praises Walgreens for taking a different approach to the contents of Easter baskets this year.
Two men entered the Bishop Golden Store in the 1400 block of West 79th Street and opened fire on the people inside about 6 p.m., killing one man and wounding five others.
The cardinal requested the plan after he suspended Pfleger last spring over comments the priest made about not wanting to leave his South Side base.
It’s been a year of ups and downs, highs and lows, for Chicago’s Francis Cardinal George. He talks with CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine.
Father Michael Pfleger has been reinstated as pastor of St. Sabina, but he will work on a transition plan to find a new leader for the South Side congregation, it was announced Friday.
A smiling but reserved Father Michael Pfleger surfaced Saturday to help feed the hungry outside the church where he has been suspended. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
In the latest salvo in a very public battle over the leadership at St. Sabina, members of the church put their thoughts in black and white today–with a full-page advertisement in the Chicago Sun-Times.
Cardinal Francis George on Friday defended his suspension of Father Michael Pfleger, saying it is his job to deal with priests in crisis. CBS 2′s Roseann Tellez reports.
Cardinal George, traveling to Rome for the beatification of Pope John Paul II, won’t be able to escape the controversy over Father Michael Pfleger’s suspension back home. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson says the fate of Father Michael Pfleger could be decided as soon as this Easter weekend.
“Like Albertina Walker said, I’m still here,” the Rev. Michael Pfleger, pastor of St. Sabina Church, told parishioners Sunday, quoting the late gospel singer.
Mayor Richard M. Daley asked the owners of downtown buildings to use blue lighting next week to symbolize peace in honor of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday.
A spirited rally saw more than a hundred community activists crammed into the Chicago School Board lobby to demand an expansion of the Charter School System.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!