“Wreck-It-Ralph” is a sort of 8-bit “Toy Story,” populated by characters from classic video games, and is sure to warm the hearts of parents who spent too much time with the Nintendo as a child.
CBS 2′s Michael Walters is mostly up on “Flight,” thanks to the usual strong effort by Denzel Washington as a self-sabotaging airline pilot.
CBS 2′s Michael Walters is impressed with “Argo,” Ben Affleck’s movie about a daring, seemingly improbable rescue during the Iran hostage crisis.
The “Cantankerous Critic” reviews “Frankenweenie”
“Hotel Transylvania” should be condemned. It’s a frightfully unfunny animated monstrosity that treats laughs as though they were garlic coated silver bullets.
“The Possession” Rated: PG-13 Grade: D “The Possession” tries to pass itself off as a Jewish “Exorcist,” but all it is is a second rate Exorcist rip-off in payot. This time the sweet innocent girl […]
Robert Pattinson wants a haircut. And “Cosmopolis” takes us on a limo trip straight into the hell as he fights crosstown traffic to get one.
“Hit And Run” is a gear-head car chase comedy that doesn’t just run out of gas, it never even gets out of the driveway.
‘The Expendables 2′ Rated R Grade C+ By Michael Walters The Cantankerous Critic “The Expendables 2” is the guiltiest of guilty pleasures. This meathead extravaganza contains about 15 minutes of decipherable dialogue and about […]
“The Odd Life of Timothy Green” could have aired on “The Wonderful World Of Disney” and fit right in without a hitch. And that’s both its strength and its weakness.
In some ways, “The Bourne Legacy” seems like a simpler, back to basics approach to the Bourne series.
In the immortal words of Bill Murray in “Scrooged,” “Oh my gosh, did that suck.”
Somehow I had gone through life without seeing any of the previous three “Step Up” films. Well, let me tell you after watching the fourth film “Step Up Revolution” I’m in no hurry to put any of those previous movies in my Netflix.
“The Amazing Spider-Man” doesn’t shoot for great, it shoots for just good enough. It’s one of the more puzzling reboots of recent years since it doesn’t try to do anything new.
“Magic Mike” is an exercise in low-class tawdry exploitation from high class director Stephen Soderberg.
“To Rome with Love” marks a return to the usual latter-day Woody Allen output after last year’s surprisingly lively and Oscar Winning “Midnight in Paris.”
“Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter” is never quite as much fun as its title would suggest.
In jukebox musicals like this one,the only object is to engender nostalgia and get the audience to sing along with songs they already know by heart. It doesn’t have an ounce of originality or a thought in its head, but this ode to 80′s hair bands does its job.
Comedian Patton Oswalt has risen to the level of a comedy Rock Star, but he was prepared to take a few chances when he stepped out for his second show during the Just For Laughs festival at Chicago’s Vic Theatre.
The dirtiest jokes aren’t necessarily always the best ones. “That’s My Boy” doubles down on the dirty, but forgets the jokes part of the equation.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5351
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!