Tinley Park police have issued a warning after an 18-year-old woman was involved in a road rage incident.
Chicago Police officers shot and wounded two suspects in separate incidents on the South Side overnight – bringing the total to six police-involved shootings in Chicago in about the past 10 days.
The city has been faced with another bloody weekend, as at least nine people have died from gun violence and more than two dozen others have been hurt in Chicago since Friday afternoon.
Students moved into a new dormitory at Northern Illinois University this week, and they’re paying as much as $6,500 a semester for the privilege to live there.
Drivers whose vehicles have been affected by bad gas from BP are threatening to take action.
The name of a retired Chicago police officer who friends say had a heart for the poor is now on the memorial wall for all to see, at Gold Star Families Memorial Park alongside Soldier Field.
A fugitive who was featured on “America’s Most Wanted” for a double murder in Yonkers, N.Y., has been found in Chicago.
The village of Tinley Park has reconsidered a possible full outdoor watering ban, after getting some rain overnight.
Believe it or not, the drought has one benefit for Illinois farmers – this year’s crop of peaches may taste sweeter than last year’s.
While dogs and cats do not suffer heart attacks the way people do, researchers have come up with a set of recommendations on how to revive loved pets if their heart stops.
The family of a John Doe who went unidentified for several months is now suing the Cook county Medical Examiner’s office.
A Willowbrook couple filed a lawsuit Wednesday claiming a school bus driver sexually assaulted their 3-year-old twins while transporting them to and from special education preschool classes.
Are Tax Increment Financing District funds fairly distributed when it comes to Chicago schools? A sociology professor who has looked at the books thinks not.
The Emanuel administration is expected to release a report later Wednesday, showing that absenteeism among employees in the Department of Streets and Sanitation is down.
A Round Lake teenager saved Mothers Day for her neighbors, when she saved the lives of a woman and her toddler from their burning home Saturday night.
About 40,000 people took a walk on the lakefront on Sunday, for the 21st Annual Y-Me “Race At Your Pace,” a 5K to support breast cancer patients.
The Chicago City Council is expected to vote this week on the mayor’s controversial plan to use cameras to catch speeders near schools and parks.
In Indiana, girls have a higher chance of becoming the victim of sexual assault than almost any other place in the country.
Fair housing issues will come into focus in the coming weeks in Illinois as the state recognizes April as Fair Housing Month.
Cook County Forest Preserve officials expect to add more land this year, and also make repairs to some picnic enclosures.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!