First Lady Michelle Obama came to Chicago on Wednesday to attend a conference on efforts to reduce violence, and to speak to local students about crime in their neighborhoods.
First Lady Michelle Obama will be coming home to Chicago on April 10, to discuss programs for at-risk youth and efforts to reduce gun- and gang-related violence.
An invite to the White House Easter Egg Roll for the mother and brother of a teen killed in January near the Obama’s home in Chicago.
The stars know where you can find love, Cancer. Somewhere large and indoors. A place of perpetual sales and bright fluorescent lights. They employ your grandfather–a man who put in 40 years at the plant and deserves a break, dammit–as a door greeter making minimum wage. The amount of misery their employees go through is only rivaled by the amount of money you can save by shopping there.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson hopes the first lady will convey an urgent message to her husband when she returns from Chicago.
Michelle Obama was in town Thursday to kick off a new fitness initiative. As CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports, the first lady even put on her workout clothes to help do it.
Michelle Obama is planning to attend the funeral of a teenager who was shot and killed about a week after she had performed at the president’s inauguration.
No one can equate to God. And, it’s about time someone stood up to Jamie Foxx and his ilk to teach them that – or at least try to teach them that.
While Michelle Obama was complaining to the media that yesterday wasn’t much of a 20th anniversary for her and her husband, Mitt Romney was planning his anniversary gift to be presented on the national stage – a slam dunk performance in the first presidential debate against the basketball-loving president.
Preparing for this debate has got to be the most depressing thing Obama has ever done. He must be staring at facts and figures that he can hardly believe – and then realize he has to defend them come Wednesday night – with his biggest critic, Mitt Romney – and the nation – staring at him. It’s going to be terrible for Obama.
First Lady Michelle Obama will be in town today for a pair of fundraisers for the president’s re-election campaign, and to tape an appearance on Steve Harvey’s new daytime talk show.
In recent decades, the government has taken to feeding needy children to combat the negativity of trying to learn while being hungry. Now, with new Obama administration regulations on school lunches, we have a government that is causing hunger.
The early returns are in and, according to the Neilson rating company, the Democrats beat the Republicans… and the NFL.
The Republican and Democratic National Conventions of 2012 – yawn-per-yawn – have to be the most uninspiring political conventions in recent history.
Opinion: Democrats Offer A Positive Vision For The Future At Convention After GOP Offers Only Attacks
Sitting in the Time Warner Cable Arena last night I was struck by how different the Democratic National Convention was from the Republican event last week. Unlike the Republicans in Tampa, Democrats focused on the fight to preserve the middle class and the American Dream.
What a difference four horrendous years makes. Thinking back to the Democratic National Convention of 2008 and now seeing what’s going on in Charlotte, North Carolina this week at the Democratic National Convention of 2012 shows stark differences. The Democrats have no star power and pale in comparison to the Republicans’ star-packed convention in Tampa.
It was Illinois night at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday, as familiar faces from Mayor Rahm Emanuel to Gov. Pat Quinn to First Lady Michelle Obama took the stage to speak to the crowd, as Illinois’ delegates sat front row.
As the media positively and glowingly report high-profile presidential fundraising events for President Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee, they report on GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s and the Republican’s big-dollar fundraising gatherings in and around Tampa, Florida during the Republican National Convention with total suspicion and even worse.
With President Barack Obama’s Vice President Joe Biden messing up more and more on the campaign trail as time passes, rumors of Biden being sent home to Delaware for good have abounded since last Friday. Will Hillary Clinton step into his place to save the White House for Obama and the Democrats?
The Obamas kissed here.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!