A block of Huron Street was cordoned off this afternoon between Michigan Avenue and Rush Street – so a fallen piece of metal window trim could be removed from a ninth- floor ledge
One adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.
An elderly woman was confronted on the Magnificent Mile by a mob of young men on Wednesday, who proceeded to take $100,000 worth of jewelry she was wearing.
For the second day in a row, Michigan Avenue was shut down near the bridge over the Chicago River, as police investigated a suspicious device.
A suspicious package shut down Michigan Avenue at the Chicago River.
Chicago police officers were out in force Friday night, nearly a week after youths caused disturbances near and along the Magnificent Mile.
Chicago’s mayor and top cop are talking about how police handled unruly mobs downtown this past weekend, and what it might mean for visitors planning to come to the City this summer, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
The warmest day of the year so far brings hundreds of teens to Michigan Avenue.
Police are calling it ‘mob action’.
CBS 2 is learning about multiple incidents in at least four different locations along the Magnificent Mile and in the Gold Coast, yielding a slew of arrests.
A new restaurant on Michigan Avenue called Howells & Hood just opened at the base of the historic Tribune Tower. The venue is using its name to pay homage to the iconic building’s original architects, and promises a wide array of delicious food and a huge expanse of over 360 beer draught faucets.
Police are searching for a man who robbed a Subway sandwich shop in the Loop on Monday morning.
Two protesters from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), staged a brief anti-fur protest in their underwear Wednesday afternoon along the Magnificent Mile.
A taxicab driver was hospitalized Thursday morning after the cab he was driving struck a Chicago Fire Department truck at Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive.
For the first time, an Oak Brook oncologist was speaking out about being stabbed inside a Michigan Avenue hotel after attending the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival in November.
The distraction techniques of the thieves are brazen, CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
An 11-year-old boy was shot in the Woodlawn neighborhood Tuesday night.
A fire that started 40 years ago yesterday accelerated the crumbling of St. James Catholic Church on Chicago’s near South Side.
Union supporters took to the streets today to demand an increase in the state’s minimum wage.
On this last Friday before Christmas, shoppers are hitting the stores.
A photographer trying to take pictures atop a Michigan Avenue hotel died Thursday morning after falling into a smokestack.
From antiques made in ancient Greece to Pablo Picasso’s works from the last century, Chicago has numerous venues and tours with free admission. Check out the following list to get you started.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!