Michigan coach Brady Hoke has taken the Notre Dame rivalry up a notch.
The Wolverines took another hit Wednesday when news broke that junior guard Tim Hardaway Jr. would enter the NBA Draft.
The state of Kentucky now has two more championships in the past two years than the entire Big Ten Conference has over the past 13.
Rick Pitino knows how lasting one more win would be. It would give everyone a reason to stay connected. It would create a lifetime bond.
In a fascinating twist of fandom, this year’s NCAA Basketball Tournament has turned the rooting interests for many Midwestern hoops followers on its head as Big Ten pride has outweighed school pride.
Ben Brust scored 11 of his 14 points in the second half and No. 22 Wisconsin knocked off sixth-ranked Michigan 68-59 in the second round of the Big Ten tournament on Friday.
A quick look at what to watch for Thursday as the Big Ten Tournament gets underway in Chicago.
Let’s take a look at the floor and ceiling for each Big Ten contender as the regular season nears an end.
The 2012-13 college basketball season has been even better than most for the Big Ten. This is the year that the Big Ten is talented, powerful and deep.
Ben Brust hit a shot from just inside midcourt to tie the game at the end of regulation and added a tie-breaking 3 with less than 40 seconds left in overtime as Wisconsin beat No. 3 Michigan 65-62 on Saturday.
Tim Hardaway Jr. kept Michigan in the game when the Wolverines weren’t playing a whole lot of defense. Then he ended it by smothering Ohio State’s final chance of overtime.
In 108 years of Big Ten basketball, the 1988-89 season still stands out as the conference’s gold standard.
Northwestern needed a nearly flawless performance to have a chance of upsetting top-ranked Michigan. Instead, it was the Wolverines who opened up a comfortable lead with a stellar display of shooting at the outset.
Michigan is No. 1 in The Associated Press’ college basketball poll for the first time since its Fab Five days 20 years ago.
Brandon Paul led Illinois (15-6, 2-5) with 15 points but had five of Illinois’ 15 costly turnovers.
Dylan Thompson came off the bench to throw a 32-yard touchdown pass with 11 seconds remaining Tuesday, giving No. 11 South Carolina a 33-28 victory over No. 19 Michigan in the Outback Bowl.
The only thing Urban Meyer lost during his first season at Ohio State was his cool — at the end of the last game. Carlos Hyde ran for 146 yards and the fourth-ranked Buckeyes’ defense shut out No. 20 Michigan in the second half to grab a bruising 26-21 win on Saturday, completing an improbable 12-0 season for the Buckeyes.
Devin Gardner ran for a 1-yard touchdown in overtime and Michigan’s defense responded with a stop, giving the Wolverines a wild 38-31 win over Northwestern on Saturday.
Indiana is back on top of the college basketball world. At least to start the season.
Denard Robinson threw two touchdown passes and ran for two scores, leading No. 25 Michigan in a 45-0 win over Illinois on Saturday.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!