More than a million passengers are expected to pass through Chicago’s two major airports during the Memorial Day travel period, according to aviation officials. Friday is expected to be the busiest single travel day of the weekend.
A Southwest Airlines flight slid off the runway at Midway Airport this afternoon and into the mud.
More than 220 flights have been canceled at Chicago’s airports Sunday due to rain conditions in the Chicago area that have triggered a flood advisory.
Motorists traveling around Midway Airport are being advised to seek alternate routes after a freight train derailment closed Central Avenue near 55th Street.
An elderly man has barricaded himself inside a home in the Southwest Side’s Clearing neighborhood.
Getting home from the holidays is on hold for hundreds of thousands of travelers. The massive blizzard that buried the East Coast has left people stranded at airports all over the country, including here in Chicago.
Travelers at Midway International Airport now need to go through an extra layer of security.
Privatization plans are on hold once again for Midway International Airport.
Travel experts say the big holiday rush at Chicago’s airports will continue through about 9 a.m. Monday.
TOYOTA PARK FACTS/HISTORY: Address 7000 South Harlem Avenue Bridgeview, IL 60455 (708) 594-7200 Box office phone number and hours (708) 594-7700 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Saturday and Sunday: Event days only, three hours […]
Chicago’s Midway International Airport has the worst on-time departure performance among major U.S. airports through August of this year.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!