Now that the lockout is over, fans everywhere are wondering when free agency will start and when their team will report to training camp.
Pro Football Weekly’s Mike Florio thinks logic suggests the Hall of Fame Game between the Bears and Rams will be played.
Over the course of the 120 days of the NFL Lockout, conflicting media reports have surfaced several times per week indicating that an end was either on the horizon, or that preseason games would be missed.
The Chicago Bears are scheduled to open their 2011 training camp on July 22, that is of course if the league and the players work out their an agreement for a new collective bargaining agreement.
On the heels of the NFL owners meeting in suburban Chicago, there seems to be a mixture of positive and negative thinking towards the league and players being able to reach an agreement before football is missed.
he NFL and the players held several “secret” meetings both in a Chicago suburb, and recently in New York. The most encouraging element of these meetings was an intentional lack of a specific group.
NFL fans have had to put up with an awful lot, as the players and owners have been battling in court and at the negotiating table, all the while, the fate of the 2011 season has been in doubt.
Chicago Bears fans, and all NFL fans, are anxiously awaiting the end of the current lockout and labor dispute so their teams can return to business as usual and get back to preparing for the 2011 season.
Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio says there’s no way of knowing whether or not the Bears were really going to draft Gabe Carimi had they executed the trade properly.
The Chicago Bears will play one of their 2011 regular season games in London, as the NFL continues to try and build a fan base in Europe.
One of the major sticking points in the ongoing NFL labor negotiations is the expanded regular season schedule that the league is pushing for.
As the disappointment begins to fade, we start to look ahead to what next season may bring. And for the Chicago Bears it will likely bring high expectations and a target on their back.
The Bears were rewarded for their 11-5 record with a first round bye in the playoffs and a home field advantage for this divisional round game. But according to ProFootballTalk.com’s Mike Florio, that week off could hurt them.
Tarvaris Jackson has been moved to the Injured Reserve list and will be inactive for the Bears-Vikings Monday night game.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!