Chris Collins was introduced as Northwestern’s 24th head men’s basketball coach Tuesday. But that may have been the second most important development inside Welsh-Ryan Arena.
With tears in their eyes and Kevin Ware in their hearts, there was no way Louisville was losing this game.
Though new Northwestern basketball coach Chris Collins, currently an assistant coach for Duke, claims his focus right now is winning a National Championship with the Blue Devils, he called the Wildcats job “everything I was looking for.”
Collins and Northwestern may be an ideal fit. It will certainly look and sound that way while it’s still all about appearances.
In the wake of Duke’s loss to Virginia on Thursday night, Blue Devils head coach Mike Krzyzewski spoke out against fans rushing the court after big upsets.
He needs to cut the cord with Bill Carmody. Then, if NU’s AD is as smart as NU’s student body, he’ll make every effort to replace him with Duke associate head coach Chris Collins, a prodigal North Shore son who would fit Evanston like a winter glove.
Mike Krzyzewski had no idea who he was writing this letter to.
Too much was at stake for Paterno to allow his football program and his vast, personal business arrangements with Second Mile connections to be brought down by scandal. So he made sure Sandusky could go about his business uninterrupted.
Their biological mutualism showed an ugly side over the weekend, when both waded into the dank, murky water of the Penn State child-rape scandal.
It’s difficult enough to hire the right basketball coach at Illinois, without choosing to limit the field of candidates beforehand.
This month, when it comes time for Mike Thomas to hire Illinois’ next basketball coach, I expect that he’ll choose the hottest rising one that’s available to him. And he should hire that guy – even if there’s a threat he may one day go elsewhere.
Duke is investigating whether an NCAA recruiting rule was violated when coach Mike Krzyzewski reportedly offered a scholarship to a recruit during a summer tournament.
Former Duke basketball star Jon Scheyer joined Israeli powerhouse Maccabi Tel Aviv on Sunday, saying his college experience prepared him well for coping with high expectations.
We know where Brad Stevens has been. We know where he’s at right now. And we know where he might be next Monday night.
It’s time to put on your dancing shoes, make those last minute tweaks to your bracket and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with corned beef, green beer and what is sure to be a full day of crazy tournament action.
There were already high internal expectations for the Illini coming into this season. But with their debut in the preseason AP Top 25 poll, there are now high external expectations.
ISTANBUL — Russia’s coach believes the Soviets were right in 1972. The Americans say he’s got it all wrong. U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski responded to David Blatt’s opinion that the Soviet Union’s victory in the […]
ISTANBUL — Eric Gordon scored 21 points and the United States pulled away after a sluggish first half to beat Tunisia 92-57 on Thursday in its final game of pool play at the world championship. […]
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!