190 total yards in the biggest game of the season. That just about says it all.
Despite those holding out for an inspired, season-saving turn at home against their overly-professed enemy, we got a wholly recognizable, ordinary performance and an entirely probable outcome.
Since the Bears traded for Cutler before the 2009 season, Lovie Smith’s overall record is 34-27 for a winning percentage of .557, which is actually a drop off compared to his 45-35 record (.563) B.C. (Before Cutler).
How such numbers factor into the Bears’ decision about whether to bring Smith back for 2013 isn’t known, but what’s clear is how Smith’s career record looks under a magnifying glass. Not good.
In a span of five days, we’ve already witnessed the good, the bad, and the ugly of a football season. It’s not unusual.
It’s not often that the Bears get caught off guard by a huge special teams play from their opponent, but that’s exactly what happened in Thursday night’s 23-10 loss to the Packers.
The Packers are going to be introduced to a different offensive beast Thursday night in Green Bay.
As powerful as the offense was last season when the Packers rolled to a 15-1 record, head coach Mike McCarthy suffered as he watched his defense give up big play after big play and touchdown after touchdown.
Divers have recovered the body of the Green Bay Packers’ offensive coordinator’s son from an icy Wisconsin River, but police said Tuesday they do not suspect foul play.
Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo can make all the noise they want about beating the archrival Packers this week and it is nothing more than gum flapping.
Packers coach Mike McCarthy says wide receiver Greg Jennings will miss two to three weeks with a knee sprain but is expected back for the playoffs.
That gurgling sound coming from the shores of Lake Michigan? That’s Lovie Smith starting to drown. When you lose Jay Cutler and Matt Forte two weeks later, it’s an uphill battle for even the best coaches.
While most Chicago Bears’ fans tried their best to avoid Green Bay Packers’ fans on Monday. But there was one Bears’ fan who had a phone call to make.
He turned a loyal fandom against itself, just because he could.
Super Bowl XLV kicks off Sunday between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers. With nine Super Bowl titles between the two teams, you can bet this will be an intense game.
The Chicago Bears took care of the Seattle Seahawks in impressive fashion, but they’re not the only team playing in the NFC Championship who’s been playing well lately.
The Chicago Bears seemingly have nothing to play for. The Green Bay Packers aren’t nearly as fortunate.
Not as if the Bears-Packers rivalry needs any more intensity, but if the Packers were to beat the Bears on Sunday they would clinch a spot in the playoffs.
The Bears may have lost to the Patriots’ at home on Sunday, but that loss was minimized when the Green Bay Packers lost on the road in Detroit. If the Packers had won they would have pulled into a tie with the Bears. However, the Lions got their first division with since 2007, and the Bears are still in first place.
(WSCR) – The Bears may have dropped a game to a Seattle Seahawks team that they should have easy beat, but thanks to an OT field goal from Dan Carpenter they are still alone on […]
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!