The 40-year-old McCoy replaces Norv Turner, who was fired along with general manager A.J. Smith after the Chargers finished 7-9 and missed the playoffs for the third straight season.
Bears general manager Phil Emery has reportedly narrowed down his search to three.
The Bears’ coaching search is expected to heat up this week as many of Phil Emery’s candidates were eliminated from the playoffs over the weekend.
Happy New Year. Let’s be honest—2012 really sucked for Chicago sports. Outside of college football, with the either loved or hated Notre Dame, Northwestern being above average in a bad B1G conference, and the 14 people that were Northern Illinois football fans before the season started, rooting for teams here was very banana-esque.
This is the first in a series where I take a look at some of the top candidates, providing information on their background, strengths, scheme, and what skill position players the Bears would need to add to properly execute their system. First up is Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.
Bears general manager Phil Emery has another name on his list of head coaching candidates.
The Bears are in the process of trying to find a head coach because of their inability to build a consistent offense in the Lovie Smith tenure.
We’re just minutes into the post-Lovie Smith era, but as we await official word from general manager Phil Emery, I thought I’d take a quick glance at a few names to watch for the Bears’ new head coaching vacancy.
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!