CTA officials say their system of more than 17,000 cameras is dramatically reducing crime on the system.
A parent says the instructor watched his daughter and a would-be rapist walking away from her school and was concerned enough to take photos of the man – yet did not alert police. CBS 2’s Mike Puccinelli reports.
Aneta Marsek and her daughters, Chevelle and Macenzie, were last seen Saturday, October 6, leaving Marsek’s parents’ home in Wauconda.
An Indiana family was asking for help Tuesday in locating a missing woman, who was last seen at the airport in Dallas last month.
Could Chicago become the Silicon Valley of the Midwest? If Mayor Rahm Emanuel gets his way, it’s a very real possibility.
Members of an Indiana National Guard unit returned home with heavy hearts on Wednesday, after losing six of their fellow soldiers in combat in Afghanistan.
The pathologist who ruled Kathleen Savio was the victim of a homicide after authorities reopened their investigation into her death said being skeptical was the key to determining it was no simple accident.
A man took off with more than a hundred cells phones when he robbed a T-Mobile store at gunpoint in northwest suburban Elgin on Thursday – a crime captured on surveillance video.
It’s September; not even fall yet, let alone Halloween or Thanksgiving, yet some stores already talking about hiring for the holiday shopping season.
Parents and students in the Chicago Public Schools system are in the midst of another anxious day of waiting Tuesday, as the strike continues into its seventh school day — and its ninth overall.
As the clock counts down for negotiations and teachers talk about plans for a possible strike, parents and children alike are increasingly worried about what a walkout will mean for them.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson says his son will not be ready to return to Congress in the immediate future.
Jurors Thursday will resume weighing whether Is Drew Peterson a cold-blooded killer, or a victim of an overzealous prosecution.
A defense attorney for Drew Peterson told jurors Tuesday that prosecutors “are trying to nail Jell-O to a tree,” and have no evidence that Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
Anxious — that’s how one of Drew Peterson’s defense attorney’s described himself the day before closing arguments in Peterson’s murder trial.
Drew Peterson’s defense team has rested its case, after Peterson informed the judge he won’t be testifying on his own behalf.
The man who was dating Kathleen Savio at the time she died testified Friday morning in the Drew Peterson murder trial.
A nursing school classmate of Kathleen Savio’s testified Thursday that Savio talked about domestic violence committed against her by Drew Peterson, and showed her the marks that he had left.
The second day of the Drew Peterson murder trial was cut short on Wednesday, when a witness testified about finding a bullet in his driveway — believing Peterson planted it there to intimidate him — and defense attorneys promptly sought a mistrial.
A full jury has been impaneled for the Drew Peterson trial, and opening statements are set to begin next Tuesday.
- Man Shot In Parking Lot Of Merrillville Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!