Starlin Castro desperately wanted to get his 200th hit of the season in front of a supportive crowd at Wrigley Field. Now he’ll move on to St. Louis and try to reach the milestone.
The topic of Carlos Zambrano came up during Mike Quade’s pre-game gab fest with the media.
Mike Quade sat in the home dugout at Wrigley and met with the media for the last time in 2011 and maybe for the last time as the Cubs’ manager.
With the end of a 4th place season (thanks Pittsburgh) just around the corner, why is there a party going on at Wrigley?
Kerry Wood’s first season back with the Chicago Cubs is over.
Brett Myers benefited from a reversed homer call to beat the Chicago Cubs again and Clint Barmes had a two-run single to help the Houston Astros to a 3-2 victory Sunday.
Ten fruitless outings, three trips to the minors, and Casey Coleman still is searching for answers. The Chicago Cubs right-hander, winless in the majors since May 19, felt lost on the mound after lasting just 3 2-3 innings in a 7-2 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night.
The Cubs have six home games remaining in the 2011 season. If you plan on coming out to a game, don’t expect to see anything different from their first 75 contests at Wrigley Field – bad baseball, cold beer, and an overly optimistic manager who is still trying to win something this year.
Derrek Lee came off the disabled list and hit a go-ahead grand slam with two outs in the ninth inning to lift the Pittsburgh Pirates over the Chicago Cubs 7-5 on Saturday.
Mike Quade has a tough road ahead in trying to find the proper balance of winning and developing unproven talent that may affect the organization’s future.
Madison Bumgarner matched his career high with 11 strikeouts, Jeff Keppinger and Pablo Sandoval hit consecutive homers in the fourth inning, and the San Francisco Giants beat the Chicago Cubs 4-0 on Wednesday to snap a three-game skid and avoid a sweep.
Zack Greinke pitched effectively into the eighth to remain perfect at home, Corey Hart homered for the second time in as many days and the Milwaukee Brewers swept the Chicago Cubs with a 3-2 win on Sunday.
The Cubs are 14-8 in August having won five of the six series that they have played. Today they go for the split against a 78-53 team, Atlanta.
It was one year ago when Mike Quade took control of the Cubs as they beat the Washington Nationals en route to a 24-13 record to finish the 2010 season.
In what should be one of many not-so-memorable Cubs seasons in a long line of such, this team is certainly finding ways to be newsworthy.
By Matt Abbatacola- CHICAGO (WSCR) – Chicago Cubs manager Mike Quade gave his star shortstop a ‘mental day’ off and kept him out of the lineup against the Atlanta Braves Monday. Despite Castro’s All-Star season and […]
Right now, there is no managerial opening with the Cubs. But if there were, Ryne Sandberg would be reportedly open to interviewing for the job.
Left in the wake of Jim Hendry’s dismissal as Cubs GM is manager Mike Quade, whose future in Chicago was already in doubt.
Go away, Carlos, and take the whole act with you. Pack up all your stomping, snorting, outsized machismo and sell it somewhere else.
Chicago Cubs manager Mike Quade says Carlos Zambrano cleaned out his locker and “walked out” on the team after giving up five homers in Friday night’s 10-4 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!