Well, this is never easy. Look, I think you’re a great guy. I do, really. Nine years! That’s a hell of a run. But it’s time.
So many questions, so much speculation, but given all measurable criteria, the need for change is obvious.
Here are Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears as they take on the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.
190 total yards in the biggest game of the season. That just about says it all.
While the Bears continue to try to win with defense, the rest of the league is separating itself. Nowhere is that more evident than in the Bears’ own division where the Packers have now beaten them six straight times.
With a crushing divisional loss to the Vikings on Sunday, the Bears (8-5) have now dropped four of their last five games and continue to struggle to find any type of consistency on offense.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears following their 23-17 overtime loss to the Seattle Seahawks Sunday.
Sunday afternoon at Soldier Field, rhythm was somehow found and largely sustained against a decent Vikings defense as the Bears ended a two-game slide with a 28-10 victory.
Offensive coordinator Mike Tice said earlier Wednesday that the team was considering all options on the offensive line. Well, the first shakeup has occurred.
Bears offensive line coach Mike Tice got the message.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears following the 49ers’ 32-7 thumping of the Bears at Candlestick Park Monday night.
All that talk from Lovie Smith about how his team hadn’t peaked yet? Well, after Monday night’s 32-7 disaster against the 49ers, it’s clear the Bears are going backwards.
It’s been a while since we’ve had an “everybody sucks” game.
Evan Rodriguez is getting healthier and offensive coordinator Mike Tice hinted that Rodriguez could see more playing time and might even get involved in the passing game.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears after their 13-6 loss to the Houston Texans Sunday night at Soldier Field.
When you have a Jay Cutler and a Brandon Marshall, an offensive coordinator can be—hell, probably should be—aggressive.
If Rod Marinelli doesn’t win Assistant Coach Of The Year, then they need to get rid of the award.
Congratulations to the Titans, on the comedy event of the fall. That was some performance. Not that the Bears didn’t contribute, either. Or the broadcasters.
The Bears deserve a lot of credit for playing through a sluggish game and pulling out a win, but that doesn’t mean they grade out well.
Here are Adam Hoge’s grades following the Bears’ good, but sometimes ugly 13-6 win over the Lions Monday night.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.464
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!