No matter how much time he missed a year ago, Chicago Bears right tackle Gabe Carimi insists he doesn’t feel like a rookie anymore.
Looking back on it, a 4-1 record going into the bye week really was the best-case scenario for the Chicago Bears.
Two days after ESPN cameras caught Jay Cutler blatantly ignoring offensive coordinator Mike Tice creating a dash of media-driven controversy, all is well between the quarterback and OC.
It wouldn’t be a Bears game without Jay Cutler drama, right?
By Dan Bernstein CBSChicago.com Senior Columnist (CBS) When you win, it’s cute to be a jerk. It also helps when your performance on the field cashes the checks written by another bout of childish behavior, […]
Is the Bears offense better with Brandon Marshall?
Here are Adam Hoge’s grades following the Bears’ 23-6 win over the Rams Sunday.
Let’s take a closer look at Jay Cutler’s four interceptions to determine if the Packers were even in Cover-2 Man, but more importantly, to get to the bottom of where the finger(s) should be pointed.
Adam Hoge grades the Bears following the their 23-10 loss to the Packers at Lambeau Field.
Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall weren’t about to let Andrew Luck upstage them in their first game back together. Cutler threw for 333 yards and two touchdowns, Marshall added 119 yards receiving with a TD, and the Chicago Bears spoiled Luck’s debut, beating the Indianapolis Colts 41-21 Sunday in the season opener.
Check out Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears matchup against the Colts on Sunday at Soldier Field.
When the Bears traded for Brandon Marshall, it opened up a whole new world of offensive football.
Offensive coordinator Mike Tice confirmed Wednesday that Carimi is not 100 percent and suggested that the right tackle might not even be able to take all the snaps during Sunday’s opener against the Colts.
If Bears coaches know who their starting left tackle is, they aren’t telling.
As refreshing as it was to hear Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice speak so candidly about the disappointing debut of his offensive line, it didn’t sit well with me.
Now, unless there is an unforeseen performance from Webb, Williams or a scrapheap left tackle that doesn’t appear to actually exist, chances seem slim that the Bears’ 26-year championship drought will end this fall.
Unlike many NFL wide receivers, Alshon Jeffrey doesn’t say much. Instead, he let’s play on the field do the talking.
Mike Tice liked how Chris Williams played at right tackle in the first preseason game and he once again is giving him the chance to beat out Webb for the starting left tackle position.
Mike Tice confirmed Monday what we’ve thought for nearly a week: J’Marcus Webb is the Bears starting left tackle.
The Chicago Bears are one of the teams that many NFL observers are feeling good about with the season about five weeks away from starting.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!