Illinois had an 11 point lead at the half in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinal Friday. Then Michigan stormed ahead and claimed the lead and Illinois couldn’t hang on.
The Fighting Illini got revenge for an earlier defeat at the hands of the Hoosiers and improved their chances for an NCAA tournament bid on Saturday by dominating Indiana 72-48 in Champaign.
When the Fighting Illini seniors look back on their four years of college basketball, some of their fondest memories will be of their hoarse-throated coach Bruce Weber and his temper.
Frustrated Illini basketball fans don’t want to hear it. Frantic Bruce Weber critics don’t want to hear it. And, heck, to be honest, I don’t really want to hear it, either.
Illinois started strong when facing Michigan Wednesday night. When it came to the second half, coach Bruce Weber was getting nervous. Michigan had a strong push and the Illini only barely won.
So, maybe this Bruce Weber guy can coach a little, after all. And perhaps Illini basketball isn’t dead just yet.
The Illinois Fighting Illini started the season strong, but has recently lost their edge. Coach Bruce Weber knows the talent is their, all that seems to be missing is some leadership and toughness in his players.
Well, tonight is it for Illinois basketball. At least, if you ask Mike Tisdale.
The No. 22 Fighting Illini made a game of it, but couldn’t pull out the win against the No. 1 Buckeyes on Saturday, commiting a late turnover as Ohio State pulled out the 73-68 win over Illinois.
Northwestern didn’t have a chance when they took the court against Illinois. The Fighting Illini took a 23 point lead at the half. The Wildcats put up a second half fight, but were too far behind for a comeback.
Merry Christmas, Illini Nation. Bah, humbug. For Illinois basketball fans, there are few – if any – things worse than losing to Missouri in the annual Braggin’ Rights battle.
Illinois made the first half look easy against Northern Colorado, leading to their seventh straight win this season. Northern Colorado made a strong push during the second half, but Illini held on to an 86-76 victory.
Illinois out-shot the Bulldogs in both halves of the game Saturday, launching a barrage of three-pointers for the 73-61 victory.
Illinois coach Bruce Weber said his Fighting Illini played their best first half of the season on Saturday, when they took a 25-point lead into halftime.
The Fighting Illini have started their season strong. After a 3-0 start, Illinois will face its first real test when they take on Texas at the 2K Sports Classic.
Illinois coach Bruce Weber’s seniors answered his call Wednesday night when No. 13 Illinois beat Toledo 84-45 in the second round of the 2K Sports Classic.
Illinois is returning all five starters from last year’s team. Tonight, they start their season with UC Irivine as part of the 2K Sports Classic and with high hopes for championship run.
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) Demetri McCamey is considered one of the best college basketball players in the country. The Illinois senior point guard is a finalist for the Wooden Award. He had more than 250 assists […]
NORMAL, Ill. (AP) Illinois basketball coach Bruce Weber isn’t quite predicting a Big Ten title, but he says his team could be “very, very good.” Weber talked about this year’s team Thursday night. He says […]
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!