The robber, dubbed “The Bully Bandit” because of the aggressive manner in which he carries out his crimes, robbed a Chase Bank branch in the 2600 block of North Milwaukee Avenue on Saturday afternoon.
A car chase that started in southwest suburban Burbank and ended in a crash in north suburban Niles injured two people Thursday night, police said.
After holding up a Subway shop on the Near North Side, a robbery suspect fled the scene, and police chased him to Wicker Park, where he allegedly attempted to run over a police officer, prompting the officer to shoot him.
Four men were shot when a fight erupted during a hip-hop show at a Logan Square bar early Wednesday.
The 42-year-old man who was struck by a car while he was skateboarding in the Wicker park neighborhood a week ago has died, according to the Cook Coounty Medical Examiner’s office.
A construction accident in the Wicker Park neighborhood on Sunday left one person in critical condition, according to Fire Media Affairs.
A taxicab was destroyed beyond recognition Tuesday morning, after it slammed into a bench and a pole at Chicago and Milwaukee avenues and killed a man waiting at a bus stop.
After posting surveillance video of a flash mob robbery online and sharing the video with CBS 2 News, a Wicker Park store owner said he and police have received several tips about the group of about 20 teens responsible for stealing more than $3,000 worth of jeans over the weekend.
Gunfire over the weekend left three men dead and at least 26 others wounded, from Portage Park to Auburn-Gresham.
Three men are dead and at least 23 other people wounded from gun violence across the city since Friday night.
A local megachurch has withdrawn its move to buy the historic Portage Theater on Milwaukee Avenue and turn it into space for its congregation.
For the third time in just the past few weeks, police are trying to find some brazen thieves who get into stores by smashing their way in.
You never know what you’re going to find next at one of American Science and Surplus’ stores, or in its catalog.
One man was in police custody Thursday morning, after holding Chicago Police officers and SWAT teams at bay for more than three hours in the Logan Square neighborhood.
Seven people are dead and at least another 21 people have been wounded in acts of violence across the city since Friday afternoon.
An SUV crashed into a post office on the Northwest Side late Tuesday afternoon.
Supporters rallied Monday to save the Portage Theater, one of the city’s oldest movie houses.
A bicyclist chased and tackled an alleged purse-snatcher because he was upset the man had targeted a 75-year-old woman.
A Chicago Police officer falsely reported a raucous bar fight so he could avoid a possible DUI arrest in northwest suburban Niles, Cook County prosecutors said Wednesday.
Three men were shot early Sunday in the Portage Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.138
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.136
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!