Pinch-hitter Eduardo Escobar lined an RBI single in the 10th inning and the Chicago White made it an adventuresome afternoon, beating the Milwaukee Brewers 1-0 Sunday.
The White Sox won 18 of 18 in May, but have only won one series in June. This back and forth leaves Jake Peavy searching for his team’s definition.
Zack Greinke pitched three-hit ball over nine innings, Rickie Weeks drove in the lone run with a single in the 10th and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Chicago White Sox 1-0 on Friday night.
Norichika Aoki homered twice, including off Casey Coleman to lead off the 10th inning to give the Milwaukee Brewers a 4-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Thursday.
Zack Greinke had a season-high 12 strikeouts and the Milwaukee Brewers rediscovered their offense, beating the Chicago Cubs 8-0 on Wednesday night.
Ryan Dempster earned his first win since last August, throwing seven innings of three-hit ball as the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 10-0 on Tuesday night.
The New York Yankees need starting pitching depth and they are interested in the Cubs’ Matt Garza.
Milwaukee Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy went on the disabled list with a bizarre injury Monday night after breaking his right hand when a suitcase fell on it.
After Axford’s club-record streak of 49 consecutive converted saves came to an end Friday, Axford evaded the media, leaving behind a hand-written note.
For the first time in more than a year, the Chicago Cubs finally won a game in Milwaukee.
Shaun Marcum pitched seven strong innings and Edwin Maysonet hit his first career grand slam Saturday to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 8-2 win over the Chicago Cubs.
The Milwaukee Brewers were the first team to complain about the brand new LED scoreboard in right field at Wrigley Field and they aren’t the only team.
Matt Garza pitched three-hit ball for 8 2-3 innings, and the Chicago Cubs sent Zack Greinke to his worst beating in 1 1/2 years in an 8-0 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday that prevented a four-game sweep.
When Aramis Ramirez came back to Chicago for the first time since leaving for the Milwaukee Brewers and a 3-year, $36 million contract, I expected him to receive a warm welcome from Cubs fans.
George Kottaras hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning, and Yovani Gallardo outdueled Ryan Dempster as the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Chicago Cubs 2-1 Wednesday for their third straight win in the four-game series.
Whether it was walking the leadoff man, allowing the Brewers to bat around in the first inning or hitting a pair of batters, it might be better to forget this one.
At times, the hatred between the Cubs and Brewers is palpable.
Alex Gonzalez hit a three-run homer in Milwaukee’s five-run first inning, sending the Brewers to a 7-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.
Starlin Castro hit a two-run homer in the first inning off minor leaguer Kyle Heckathorn, and the Cubs beat a Milwaukee Brewers’ split squad 5-3 Tuesday in Chicago’s spring training finale.
Zack Greinke struggled in his final outing of spring training, allowing six runs over three innings in the Milwaukee Brewers’ 13-7 win over the Chicago White Sox on Monday at Camelback Ranch.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.706
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.517
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!