More than a dozen ministers from the South and West sides delivered a letter to Mayor Emanuel’s office calling for a year-long moratorium on school closings.
A coalition of West Side ministers was urging state lawmakers to reject legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois, but at least one lawmaker said the ministers’ threat of political backlash against lawmakers who vote for gay marriage was nothing but an “empty threat.”
Dozens of local ministers have declared this upcoming weekend “Peace Weekend,” and are asking people to work together to end street violence.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. was out doing something Monday morning that he hasn’t had to do in eight years – campaigning against a Democratic opponent in his bid for re-election.
A coalition of south suburban ministers said Monday that it’s not promoting gambling, but the ministers do want a casino in far south suburban Ford Heights.
More than 150 ministers and funeral home directors – most of them centered in the black community – met Tuesday afternoon to plan lobbying strategy to push the state for more money for public aid burials.
A band of ministers promises to return in larger numbers Monday so Gov. Pat Quinn will be sure to hear their plea for work to begin as soon as possible on a third airport in Peotone.
Gov. Pat Quinn’s office could soon be bombarded with calls from religious leaders as he considers whether or not to sign the gambling expansion bill.
Asking for political support happens all the time. Trying to buy it is something else. Some Chicago area ministers say that’s what happened at a meeting earlier this week with independent gubernatorial candidate Scott Lee Cohen. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!