Minnesota Golden Gophers
When Minnesota guard Austin Hollins stepped out of bounds with 14.6 seconds left in regulation, John Groce had a decision to make.
A quick look at what to watch for Thursday as the Big Ten Tournament gets underway in Chicago.
Let’s take a look at the floor and ceiling for each Big Ten contender as the regular season nears an end.
Jared Swopshire scored 16 points to lead Northwestern to a 55-48 victory over No. 12 Minnesota on Wednesday night.
Joe Coleman scored 29 points and Andre Hollins added 19 to help No. 8 Minnesota top Illinois Wednesday 84-67 and remain undefeated in the Big Ten.
It wasn’t pretty, but Minnesota was good enough in a 17-3 win over Illinois on Saturday.
Venric Mark rushed for 182 yards and two touchdowns to carry Northwestern to a 21-13 victory over Minnesota on Saturday.
Predictions for every Big Ten team, including overall record, conference record and bowl game projection.
Jerry Kill has a reputation for turning around programs pretty quickly. Gophers fans are hoping he will successfully do that in Minneapolis, but this is probably his toughest test yet.
The inaugural Hockey City Classic will pit Notre Dame against Miami (Ohio) and Wisconsin against Minnesota in a doubleheader.
The 14th annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge schedule was released Monday, pitting all 12 ACC and Big Ten teams against each other in a two-day event Nov. 27-28.
The Minnesota Vikings and the University of Minnesota have reached preliminary agreement on the Vikings’ use of TCF Bank Stadium during construction of a new Vikings stadium.
It figures that in a tournament that was completely up for grabs, the top four seeds advanced to the semifinals for the first time in Big Ten Tournament history.
A look at what’s at stake for all 12 Big Ten teams as well as a look at the best matchups and other analysis.
Jordan Taylor scored 22 points to lead No. 14 Wisconsin to a 52-45 victory over Minnesota on Tuesday night that clinched a first-round bye in the Big Ten tournament for the Badgers.
Christian Watford rediscovered his shooting stroke with 12 points for 23rd-ranked Indiana, and the Hoosiers blew out sputtering Minnesota 69-50 on Sunday.
Selection Sunday is just a little over two weeks away. Here’s the latest look at which teams are in good shape, which teams have work to do and which teams are in serious trouble:
Senior Matt Gatens scored 18 points and Iowa rallied to beat Minnesota 63-59 on Wednesday night and snap a three-game losing streak.
Rodney Williams had 11 points and four steals and flustered the Big Ten’s leading scorer to help Minnesota to its third straight win, 75-52 over Northwestern on Sunday.
Brandon Paul scored a breakaway dunk that put Illinois ahead in double overtime and Meyers Leonard hit the layup that sealed an 81-72 victory over Minnesota in a Big Ten opener Tuesday night.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.4003
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!