Collins and Northwestern may be an ideal fit. It will certainly look and sound that way while it’s still all about appearances.
Oklahoma State had a terrific season, but got by far the toughest draw out of any five-seed in the bracket. Keep an eye on Oregon.
Louisville’s pressure. Jim Boeheim’s postgame press conferences. HAVOC. Coach K’s drive for five. Get pumped, people — it’s tourney time!
The Buffaloes have NCAA Tournament experience and really defend. Colorado is good enough to win two games in the field of 68.
Laurence Bowers had 23 points and 10 rebounds to lead No. 12 Missouri over No. 10 Illinois 82-73 in the annual Braggin’ Rights game on Saturday.
U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) has criticized the leaders of his party for failing to stand up for embattled Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) during his race for the U.S. Senate.
A Missouri woman has adopted a Chicago cat once condemned to death in the will of her late owner.
I know. Three of your Final Four teams are already out, your chances of winning blown up after two rounds. Or you have fourteen of the Sweet Sixteen. Great.
Phil Pressey had 18 points, five assists and two steals, and ninth-ranked Missouri held off a second-half charge by No. 25 Illinois for a 78-74 victory in the annual Braggin’ Rights game on Thursday night.
A Naperville car dealership is among those who have been duped by a serial car thief with a taste for the finer things.
A 4.2-magnitude earthquake struck in southeast Missouri Tuesday morning, and was felt in parts of downstate Illinois.
The Addison-based Lutheran Church Charities is using “comfort dogs” to help stressed people in tornado-ravaged Joplin, Mo.
A young man with a plan will be headed Wednesday with two truckloads of goods for those in need in Joplin, Mo., which has been devastated by tornadoes.
Downstate Illinois cities and towns along the Mississippi River are bracing for moderate to major flooding this season, but officials have learned lessons from the disaster in 2008.
It was reported earlier on Wednesday that Purdue head coach Matt Painter was likely leaving to become the coach of Missouri. However, Purdue officials have confirmed that Painter will remain with the university.
We know where Brad Stevens has been. We know where he’s at right now. And we know where he might be next Monday night.
More than two dozen dogs that were rescued from three different puppy mills in Missouri will be making Chicago their new home.
Authorities say nearly two dozen homes in central Illinois were damaged after a possible tornado touchdown in downstate Menard County.
Merry Christmas, Illini Nation. Bah, humbug. For Illinois basketball fans, there are few – if any – things worse than losing to Missouri in the annual Braggin’ Rights battle.
Joe O breaks down some of the biggest games in this weekend’s college football action, and picks his winners against the spread.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 3 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 3 hours ago