When the Drew Peterson murder trial ground once again to a halt because of a forbidden question Tuesday, it left Will County Judge Edward Burmila angry and a prominent defense attorney who was a spectator surprised.
Just hours after defense attorneys for Drew Peterson withdrew a motion for a mistrial over a mistake by prosecutors, testimony was halted again Wednesday and the judge angrily chided prosecutors after another witness discussed evidence barred from the trial, saying “the disrespect for the court is shocking.”
The judge in the Drew Peterson murder trial has denied a motion for a mistrial by the defense Thursday, although testimony by a witness the day before made him furious at prosecutors.
The capital murder trial of a Gary man charged with killing his wife and stepchildren ended Wednesday in mistrial after running out of jurors.
Springfield power broker William Cellini won’t get an automatic mistrial after learning that a juror in his corruption trial failed to disclose her criminal record before being picked for the jury, but a federal judge will hold a hearing on the matter.
What happened in the Roger Clemens case yesterday was probably right, but nobody should feel good about it.
The judge declared a mistrial Thursday in baseball star Roger Clemens’ perjury trial after prosecutors showed to jurors evidence that he had ruled would be out of bounds in the case.
Jurors deliberated for more than seven hours before a Cook County judge declared a mistrial Friday night in the case of a man accused of tying up former NBA star Antoine Walker and his assistant in an armed home invasion three years go.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!