MLB All-Star Game
Jake Peavy is heading to the All-Star Game in Kansas City after all.
All-star games in pro sports are completely unnecessary. They began with MLB’s in 1933 and the other major pro leagues following in subsequent years.
The National League is back on top in the All-Star game, using the same formula that worked during its dominating run in the 1970s and ’80s.
The Cubs and White Sox had a combined three players in Tuesday’s All-Star Game at Chase Field, but none of them played a large role in the outcome.
By gametime, I won’t be surprised to see that Adam Dunn and Randy Wells have been added to the rosters. I was initially taken aback by Aramis Ramirez’s decision yesterday to turn down an All-Star invitation, but now I’m with him.
It was strange for the inveterate sports consumer yesterday, as we faced our first Sunday since the summer without NFL football.
Tom Ricketts and the Chicago Cubs would like to renovate Wrigley Field, but how will they get the money to make this park more suitable for the players and fans for years to come?
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!