Police are questioning two young boys who were caught Monday night with homemade explosives in the Rogers Park neighborhood.
Three anti-NATO protesters have pleaded not guilty to charges they were planning to use Molotov cocktails to attack Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s home, President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters, and several police stations.
Three out-of-state men were indicted in court Tuesday morning, on accusations that they plotted to attack President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters and Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s house during the NATO Summit, but prosecutors declined to share copies of the indictment with defense attorneys.
One of the accused “NATO 3” wants to resolve terrorism charges in Cook County before returning to Florida to deal with a pending case there.
Defense attorneys for the three men accused of making firebombs to attack police and other high-profile targets during the NATO Summit claimed police and prosecutors fabricated the charges to justify the intense security measures put in place for the summit.
Cook County prosecutors said Sunday that one man arrested earlier this week in connection with the NATO Summit said he could blow up a downtown bridge, though it turned out he didn’t have a bomb. Another man allegedly asked others to get him materials to make a pipe bomb.
Three anti-NATO protesters were planning to attack police stations, Mayor Emanuel’s home and President Obama’s campaign headquarters with Molotov cocktails during the NATO Summit, police sources said on Saturday.
A Melrose Park man stands charged with burning down his father’s home, where the suspect himself also lived.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!