One person is dead and two were wounded in a shooting Sunday in the Morgan Park neighborhood, and seven more were hurt when a fire chief car crashed on its way to the scene.
One person was killed and two others were injured in an early Saturday crash on Interstate 57 on the Southwest Side, authorities said.
WBBM Newsradio’s annual Good Neighbor Radiothon is underway, this year benefiting the Salvation Army. Here is a look at the numerous ways in which the Salvation Army makes a difference to those in need in Chicago.
A man was critically wounded in a shooting Sunday morning in the Far South Side Morgan Park neighborhood.
Authorities have charged the 14-year-old boy who allegedly shot his 6-year-old nephew during a game of “cops and robbers,” as well as the little boy’s grandfather, who owned the gun.
A 6-year-old boy was critically injured Sunday morning when he was shot in the chest in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
A man was arrested Friday morning, after barricading himself inside a Morgan Park neighborhood building for three hours.
A south suburban man was killed and three others seriously injured in an car accident on Interstate 57 early Saturday in the Morgan Park neighborhood on the Far South Side.
It was a terrifying ordeal: A masked man entered a Morgan Park food mart and began dousing the place with gasoline before he was wrestled to the ground.
A Far South Side grocery owner and his nephew tackled a man who doused them with gasoline while threatening to set the store on fire during an attempted robbery Thursday in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
Between 4 p.m. Wednesday and 1 a.m. Thursday, at least nine people were shot all around the city.
Interim Chicago Police Supt. Terry Hillard was back on the street for the first time in years on Friday.
A Public League boys’ basketball game was halted Tuesday night after a fight broke out.
A 17-year-old was wounded in a shooting near a high school in the Far South Side Morgan Park neighborhood Monday afternoon.
Funeral services were held today for a mother and her two daughters, who were stabbed to death more than a week ago in their apartment in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
A suspect has been ordered held without bond Wednesday in the murder of a mother and her two daughters in the South Side’s Morgan Park neighborhood.
The search is on for the motive in a grisly crime in the South Side’s Morgan Park neighborhood.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4780
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!