Two city workers are being hailed as heroes after stepping in and saving a boy during an attempted kidnapping Thursday morning.
They’re less than five blocks apart; two Chicago public schools, each more empty than full. Now, one has been marked for closing, stirring controversy in the Washington Heights neighborhood.
Gresham District officers were patrolling in a squad car when they heard shots fired and saw a weapon being thrown from a vehicle, and gave chase.
Police shot one man in the upper body and took two others into custody after responding to a report of shots fired in the Englewood neighborhood early Thursday, authorities said.
Three accidents — one fatal — brought traffic to a standstill Saturday night on the Eisenhower Expressway.
It was another violent start to the weekend on Chicago streets, with one man dead and at least six others injured in a series of shootings.
Gunfire over the weekend left three men dead and at least 26 others wounded, from Portage Park to Auburn-Gresham.
A 13-year-old boy was shot while sitting on the front porch of a home in the South Side Auburn Gresham neighborhood Saturday night.
Gunfire rang out on every side of Chicago overnight, leaving at least six people injured.
A 14-year-old south suburban boy was killed late Saturday in what Harvey police are calling an accidental shooting.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel was on hand Thursday for the grand opening of the new Morgan ‘L’ station on the Green and Pink lines – the first new ‘L’ stop to open in 18 years.
Cook County prosecutors have dropped weapons charges against an elderly man who shot a teenage burglar who broke into his Englewood home last week.
Neighbors in Englewood are not pleased after an 80-year-old man was arrested for shooting a man who was allegedly burglarizing his house.
What started as an armed robbery on the city’s Near West Side turned into what police thought was a barricade situation overnight.
A man, described by police as an “armed habitual criminal,” has been charged for aiming a weapon at police officers.
At least 10 people were wounded by gunfire throughout the city between Saturday afternoon and early Sunday — one day after a man was killed and a lest seven others wounded by gunfire.
A person ran into a grocery store in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood after being shot in broad daylight Wednesday.
Police have issued a community alert, after a 21-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in the West Pullman neighborhood earlier this month.
A man was arrested Tuesday evening, after pointing a gun at police officers in Englewood, prompting police to shoot the man.
A fire that broke out at a Back of the Yards factory on Thursday has been put out, with no injuries reported.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!