A parolee was ordered held on $25,000 bond for allegedly using gasoline to start a fire during an argument at his parents’ north suburban Morton Grove home last month.
Jason Logsdon, who took on the media-created “Bad Hair Bandit” moniker after allegedly robbing several salons throughout the Chicago area, pled not guilty Friday to five counts of armed robbery, Pioneer Press is reporting.
Detectives from Chicago and the suburbs believe they finally got their man. Police plan to announce charges on Wednesday for a man arrested in connection with the robberies of more than a dozen local hair salons.
A Metra train fatally struck a man Friday night in north suburban Morton Grove.
An Islamic school in west suburban Lombard is at least the second Muslim institution to report an attack this past weekend.
A leader of the Morton Grove mosque that was damaged by air rifle shots on Friday said he thinks the man being held should be charged with a hate crime.
A man allegedly fired a pellet rifle at a mosque in the northern suburb of Morton Grove Friday night while 500 people prayed inside.
A pedestrian was struck and killed a Metra train Thursday night in north suburban Morton Grove.
Village officials closed LA Fitness earlier this week, citing sanitary problems. But authorities say improvements have been made.
An LA Fitness health club in Morton Grove has been ordered shut down because of unsanitary conditions.
A crash following a carjacking in Morton Grove has left one man dead and a woman critically injured.
Students at the Morton Grove high school say they don’t want to see Illinois begin treating public union members like they do in Wisconsin.
Identity theft continues to be one of the fastest-growing crimes in the United States, and in north suburban Morton Grove incidents of identity theft have more than doubled from 2009 to 2010.
A Chicago man was charged with five felonies on Thursday, a day after he tried to rob a suburban Subway restaurant and then stole a cab, leading police on high-speed chase for about an hour.
A man was apprehended by Chicago Police this morning, after leading a chase through several northern suburbs for about an hour before crashing in Rogers Park.
Police are investigating two swastikas found spray-painted on pavement outside north suburban church.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.4003
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!