Cleanup efforts from the tornado last week continue Monday in Mount Prospect, as the village begins debris removal.
Need trees cut and cleared from your property after Tuesday’s massive storms? Be prepared to wait, reports CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole.
If you think a tornado passed through your backyard during the wild storms on Tuesday evening, you might be right.
Friends and family members on Sunday were mourning the deaths of three teenagers killed in a car crash in Prospect Heights early Saturday. Police said the youths were in a stolen car.
A Metra train crashed into a semi-trailer truck Friday morning in Mount Prospect, causing the truck to burst into flames.
Three admitted gang members are facing felony charges for the beatings of two northwest suburban boys on Wednesday.
A car and a school bus were involved in a crash Friday morning in northwest suburban Mount Prospect.
A former school bus driver who admitted to being drunk when she drove students finds out Wednesday if she is going to prison.
An out-of-control driver carved up more than 30 lawns as neighbors slept. A 19-year-old was arrested.
Unattended candles are suspected as the cause of a fire in a condominium that injured two women and displaced several others.
A former Mount Prospect school bus driver pleaded guilty on Wednesday to driving drunk when she took students home from school last spring.
Alex A. Campbell is accused of forcing women to work at his massage parlor, keeping their earnings through extortion and forcing them to be “branded” with tattoos.
Mount Prospect police say a scam artist is knocking on doors in the northwest suburbs.
A Mount Prospect man who raised about $12 million from investors in a real estate deal that federal prosecutors call a “Ponzi” scheme has been charged with wire fraud and sued by the SEC.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!