Mumford And Sons
Music fans wasted no time Tuesday morning snapping up early-bird specials for this year’s Lollapalooza music festival.
Nominated for Best New Artist and Best Americana Album, this was the first time the Denver, CO threesome have graced the stage at the GRAMMYs. Along with Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers are seen as […]
The GRAMMY pre-telecast gave out its first award for Best Short Form Music video to Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris for “We Found Love.” The video, directed by Melina Matsoukas and shot in Belfast and Bangor, […]
“[It's] a bit daunting but we’d rather play it than just sit in the crowd and be awkward,” Marcus Mumford said. “It’s better than it could be.” Mumford & Sons are no strangers to the […]
“They’re the British bluegrass guys!” “They’re folk-rock on steroids!” “The little banjo band that could.” Those are some of the ways that Radio.com‘s panel of music experts described six-time GRAMMY-nominated band Mumford & Sons, whose […]
Among the big GRAMMY nominees this year there’s one stand out: the fiddle. Or the violin if you’re not feeling all that country. From Album of the Year nominees Mumford & Sons, fun. and Jack […]
Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson and the guys of fun. are all teaming up for a brand new GRAMMY compilation album. In honor of the upcoming awards show the Recording Academy is releasing a 22-track record […]
Outkast’s Big Boi On What Rappers Can Learn From Mumford & Sons: “Their Music Is Filled With Feeling”
Outkast rapper Big Boi is a smart guy who uses Mumford & Sons as a great example for other aspiring artists to follow, including rappers. Since nothing says “keeping it real” like a banjo and some mandolins. Seriously though!
The theme of this year’s nominations could be taken in a number of ways, but when you look at the contenders up for all-powerful Album of the Year category, one thing is certain: it’s the year of the underdogs and the newcomers.
The 2012 GRAMMY Nominees album will be released digitally and in stores January 24, 2012. The album features 22 hits from some of the GRAMMYs’ most popular nominees.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!