Bond was denied Friday for a South Side man accused of fatally shooting a 16-year-old girl this week in the Roseland neighborhood.
Megan Boken, 23, was shot to death while sitting in her car Saturday while in St. Louis for an alumni volleyball game.
A south suburban man was charged Friday for allegedly beating his teenage daughter to death in a Dolton motel while high on drugs.
Two men accused of murdering a man in February in the Little Village neighborhood were ordered held on $2 million bond Saturday.
A 59-year-old Alabama man charged with the murder of a 17-year-old boy last summer in the Far South Side Roseland neighborhood was denied bond Saturday.
Two men have been charged with killing Chicago Police Officer Clifton Lewis, prosecutors said.
A 23-year-old man has been charged with murdering his mother Friday afternoon at her Bolingbrook home, police said early Saturday.
A West Side man was charged Saturday with murder for allegedly shooting his ex-wife in a Near West Side parking garage, prompting a six-hour lock down and manhunt.
A man who survived a shooting ambush that left two people dead this summer was allegedly caught with guns Tuesday night and charged as a suspect in an unrelated murder after appearing in court Wednesday.
A woman charged with intentionally running a man over with her car after a fight last month on the Southwest Side could soon face first-degree murder charges after the man died Tuesday from injuries he suffered in the attack, police said.
A Criminal Court judge has denied bail to a Mexican immigrant accused of murdering his downstairs neighbor, and then setting the body afire in the garage behind the Andersonville apartment building in which they lived.
A Cook County Jail inmate has been charged with the murder of a man who was struck multiple times by gunfire in a drive-by shooting just blocks from his South Side home in July.
Charges have been filed in the November 2009 shooting death of a mother of three murdered on the West Side party, police said.
In Northwest Indiana, family and friends will say their final farewells to Amanda Bach at her funeral this morning.
An ex-boyfriend charged with murdering a Portage woman appeared in bond court today, as prosecutors provided chilling details of the crime.
Murder charges have been filed against a Des Plaines teen who allegedly shot and killed a 15-year-old boy and injured another 15-year-old boy July 22 on the Far North Side, police said.
A bullet recovered from a tire outside a murder scene led to charges against a 16-year-old gang member in the death of a Des Plaines man last week, police said.
Prosecutors and investigators are to hold a news conference in Sycamore this afternoon to release more information about their case against a defendant in a 54-year-old murder case.
Cook County prosecutors said Monday that a 16-year-old honor student was drunk on vodka and high on ecstasy and marijuana when he stole an SUV, fled from a traffic stop and then crashed into the car of a 911 dispatcher, killing her on Sunday.
A woman attends a friend’s funeral. A year later she is accused of his murder.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!