The Blackhawks made a strong statement Sunday in becoming the first team this season to clinch postseason berth, as they used a third-period rally to beat the Nashville Predators 5-3.
The Blackhawks traveled to Nashville Friday without Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp.
The NHL has fined Nashville defenseman Shea Weber $2,500 for slamming Detroit forward Henrik Zetterberg’s head against the glass at the end of Game 1.
Gabriel Bourque scored two goals in his postseason debut, and the Nashville Predators held onto home-ice advantage by beating Detroit Red Wings 3-2 on Wednesday night to open their Western Conference playoff series.
Ryan Ellis scored the go-ahead in the third period and added an assist and the Nashville Predators beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Tuesday.
Patrick Sharp and Jonathan Toews will both return to the lineup tonight when the Blackhawks face the Canucks in Vancouver.
Pekka Rinne made 24 saves for his ninth straight win and the surging Nashville Predators beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 Tuesday night in the teams’ final game before the All-Star break.
Nashville Predators forward Craig Smith missed an open net near the end of their game with the Maple Leafs.
It would be unfair to say Duncan Keith was the difference in Sunday night’s 6-2 loss to the Canucks, but he certainly would have helped.
Former Predator Wade Belak, an enforcer who had played with five NHL teams before retiring in March, was found dead Wednesday in Toronto. He was 35.
The Blackhawks traded Tomas Kopecky to the Florida Panthers Monday in exchange for a seventh round draft pick in 2012 or 2013.
The Chicago Blackhawks hit the ice with new energy as their coach returned to the bench. Nashville was unable to get past Crawford Thursday night while the Hawks soared toward the win.
The Chicago Blackhawks fell to the Predators Saturday, but didn’t let that happen again Sunday. Chicago scored four times in the third period to shut Nashville down.
The Chicago Blackhawks dominated the ice against the Nashville Predators, defeating them 4-1. It was beginning to look like the Hawks would shut out the Predators until Sergei Kostitsyn scored one for Nashville half-way through the third.
Saturday was a disappointing rematch from the playoffs as the Predators hunted down the Blackhawks in a shootout. The Blackhawks were ahead 3-2 going into the third period, but Nashville scored to bring the game into a scoreless overtime.
The Blackhawks head to Nashville to take on the Predators and remember the playoff excitement from defeating them in the quarterfinals. If the Blackhawks win, this would be the Predators’ fifth straight loss at home.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!