National Transportation Safety Board
No one was injured Wednesday night when a passenger jet with 284 people aboard and a cargo plane clipped the tips of their wings as they taxied past each other at O’Hare International Airport.
Federal authorities were investigating the cause of a fatal plane crash near Joliet on Tuesday.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating two near-collisions within months of one another last year at O’Hare International Airport.
It’s been a rough week for Megabus, as the discount intercity bus line has been involved in two fatal accidents in Illinois, and agreed to pay $5 million to settle a lawsuit filed by the family of a man struck and killed by a Megabus two years ago.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating a near-collision last month at Midway International Airport, involving a Southwest Airlines jet.
A pilot passed up two chances to land at suburban airports — because he didn’t want to get stranded — just minutes before crashing near Crystal Lake last month, killing his two daughters and one of the girls’ boyfriends.
Three people were killed and two others injured when a small plane transporting a medical patient crashed late Monday in north suburban Riverwoods.
A Nevada trucking company under scrutiny for a fatal crash with an Amtrak train has been cited repeatedly by state authorities for crashes, unsafe driving and operating a truck with tires so bald the vehicle had to be taken off the road.
Southwest Airlines has found cracks in five of its older 737 aircraft, after a hole ripped open in the roof of one of its jets last week. As inspections wrapped up, the airline appeared to be getting operations back to normal at Midway International Airport.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!