A small but very vocal Occupy Chicago protest group marched through the Loop Tuesday afternoon, demanding some sort of compensation for what they say were the injuries they suffered during the NATO protests.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Veterans who returned their medals to NATO just over a week ago gathered at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial at on the Chicago River on Monday, to talk about their feelings on Memorial […]
Two more anti-NATO protesters have been charged with felonies, in the wake of Sunday night’s demonstrations in downtown Chicago.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy has been getting high praise from city leaders, Chicago residents, and rank-and-file officers, for leading from the front lines during confrontations between police and protesters during the NATO summit.
Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Monday it was just a miscommunication this weekend, when police officers at Sunday’s anti-NATO demonstration began putting on their gas masks.
It’s an eerie scene in downtown Chicago today, as most office buildings and stores are deserted because of the NATO summit.
As NATO officials were wrapping up their summit in Chicago, anti-NATO protesters marched to Boeing headquarters Monday morning before turning their attention to President Obama’s campaign headquarters on the other side of the Loop.
Thousands of anti-NATO activists were staging a rally outside McCormick Place during the NATO summit Sunday afternoon, after marching from Grant Park.
A handful of soldiers gathered Thursday morning at Vietnam Veterans Memorial Park on the Chicago River, to announce their opposition to NATO, and announce that they’re giving back their service medals on Sunday, at the start of the NATO summit.
Some 150 anti-war and anti-NATO protestors marched to the Prudential Building on Thursday afternoon, unsuccessfully seeking a meeting with a representative of President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign headquarters.
The first wave of anti-NATO protesters from out of town arrived in Chicago on Wednesday, four days ahead of the NATO summit.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Wednesday that Chicago police officers assigned to NATO protest duty have passed their first test ahead of this weekend’s NATO summit.
The NATO summit is almost here, and while Mayor Rahm Emanuel has insisted it will be business as usual for most of the city, at least one business is profiting from the heightened security in Chicago.
Seven of the eight protesters who were arrested outside President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters on Monday were released from jail Tuesday.
We’re starting to see more and more signs of what life will be like during the NATO summit.
This week, you might as well call Chicago the protest capital of the world. Activists are coming here from across the country for the NATO summit, along with their signs, and guitars, and bandanas.
Parking restrictions and other security measures for the NATO summit next Sunday have already started going into effect.
Protesters have begun to arrive in Chicago for next weekend’s NATO meetings. Hundreds are getting an orientation by attending a two-day “People’s Summit” at a South Loop warehouse.
Activists planning anti-NATO protests, marches, concerts and counter-summits gathered Thursday at the headquarters of Occupy Chicago to discuss a week’s worth of events leading up to the NATO summit on May 20 and 21.
Several veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan plan to hold a ceremony during a protest of the NATO summit on Sunday, and return their service medals to the NATO generals.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!