The Emanuel administration has committed $750,000 in leftover NATO Summit funds to offer more nighttime events at city parks this summer.
A man arrested during last year’s NATO protests is suing the city, claiming Chicago Police beat and dragged him after he was involuntarily pushed into a line of officers.
Lawyers for three out-of-state men known as the “NATO 3″ – who have been accused of plotting to firebomb political targets during the NATO Summit last spring – have asked a Cook County judge to dismiss the terrorism charges against them.
Mark Neiweem is behind bars, accused of trying to sabotage the NATO Summit in May.
A Northwest Side man arrested on a terrorism charge just before the May NATO Summit in May pleaded guilty Tuesday and was sentenced to four years in prison and deportation.
A $6.5 million combination of NATO legacy and Chicago Park District capital funds will be invested in neighborhood and transformative park projects across the city, Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced on Saturday.
Three anti-NATO protesters have pleaded not guilty to charges they were planning to use Molotov cocktails to attack Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s home, President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters, and several police stations.
A new comic is recounting the NATO Summit back in May in cartoon form, and it doesn’t share the admiration for Chicago Police officers that dominated the headlines in the days after the summit.
Defense attorneys have released an indictment handed up by a Cook County grand jury, against three out-of-town men behind held on terrorism-related charges for their alleged activities before the NATO summit.
Three out-of-state men were indicted in court Tuesday morning, on accusations that they plotted to attack President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters and Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s house during the NATO Summit, but prosecutors declined to share copies of the indictment with defense attorneys.
Metra says it lost $800,000 in revenues during the NATO Summit weekend last month, as riders stayed away.
Chicago aldermen at a City Council meeting Wednesday added their voices to the chorus singing praises of the NATO Summit and everyone connected with it.
Business interests that pledged money to cover the costs of the NATO Summit are going to have to pay the Chicago’s parking meter lease company.
A small but very vocal Occupy Chicago protest group marched through the Loop Tuesday afternoon, demanding some sort of compensation for what they say were the injuries they suffered during the NATO protests.
A new poll shows Mayor Rahm Emanuel getting high marks from voters during his first year in office, but little public support for an early vote on a possible Chicago teachers’ strike.
Charges have been dropped against a Los Angeles man who had been accused of attacking a Chicago Police officer during a protest in the days leading up to the NATO Summit.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Veterans who returned their medals to NATO just over a week ago gathered at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial at on the Chicago River on Monday, to talk about their feelings on Memorial […]
A week ago, it was anti-war protesters. Yesterday, supporters of U.S. troops had their turn to take over the streets of downtown Chicago.
Chicago Police released a photo Friday of a man suspected of slashing the tires of a police van during the May 19 anti-NATO demonstrations.
A Chicago police officer, who was stabbed in a fracas during protests of the NATO Summit over the weekend, was among the first batch to take in a free White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field on Wednesday.
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.226
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!