Mayor Rahm Emanuel is reassuring Chicago taxpayers that they won’t be stuck with the bill for all the activity, security and disruptions that will occur around the NATO Summit the weekend of May 19.
A consultant’s study on the economic impact of the summit indicates total spending of $128 million, local tax revenues of $3 million and more than 2,000 temporary jobs. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
The NATO summit is just weeks away and Chicago officials are figuring out how to handle the thousands of protestors expected to turn out for the meetings.
As part of the activities leading up to the NATO Summit next month, some Chicago high school students traded performances and questions with music students from Afghanistan in a live, electronic hook-up.
Chicagoans will have just over two weeks notice of what to expect during next month’s NATO summit here.
Is there a secret plan to evacuate some residents of Chicago in the event of major trouble during the NATO Summit next month? CBS 2 has uncovered some evidence that there is. It comes from the Milwaukee area branch of the American Red Cross.
With less than a month until the NATO summit in Chicago, the alderman whose ward will be most affected by security efforts was urging people to leave town during the summit, but the city’s top cop was downplaying potential disruptions.
The U.S. Secret Service has revealed security measures for next month’s NATO summit, which will push protesters a bit further away from McCormick Place than they originally planned to be.
As the NATO summit approaches, the host committee is making sure local businesses and residential building managers how to protect themselves when the summit is in progress.
Chicagoans who live near the epicenter of the coming NATO summit seem to have more worries than most. Monday night, they got some answers from those in the know. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
The group planning to protest during the upcoming NATO Summit is giving the federal government until 5 p.m. Monday to release its plans for a security perimeter at McCormick Place, or face a lawsuit.
National Guard troops will be dispatched to Chicago for the NATO summit next month.
Good news for riders of the South Shore and Metra Electric lines: service will operate during the NATO Summit in May.
NATO is coming to Chicago for its 25th summit meeting next month, and this week, WBBM Newsradio is looking at why, and why Chicago.
It may be weeks before some Metra commuters know whether South Shore commuter service will be disrupted during the upcoming NATO summit in Chicago. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
It remains unclear how next month’s NATO summit might impact rail service in the name of security.
Anti-war activists planning a protest rally during the NATO summit in May have reached a compromise with city officials over the route of their planned protest march on the opening day of the summit.
Anti-war protesters appear ready to compromise with the City of Chicago about a march during the NATO summit.
Protestors have lost another round in their attempts to get a permit for a march through the Loop during the NATO summit.
High School students posed as tear-gassed NATO demonstrators on Wednesday as Franciscan Saint James Hospital in Chicago Heights drilled emergency teams who might be needed if protests get out of hand during the NATO summit in May and Chicago hospitals are overwhelmed.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!